Renu Fuel Tank Coating by Dan87GT
Started on: 05-25-2010 09:23 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Daredevil05 on 05-26-2010 07:06 PM
Dan87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan87GTSend a Private Message to Dan87GTDirect Link to This Post
Hello...I thought someone might be interested in my results from having my tank Renu'd...We have a local certified garage in my town. Basically, I was struggling to find a nice unrusted tank in Pa, so I stopped by the garage to see what could be done..My tank had some rust scale in it...the garage cut a hole in the side, took out the plastic baffle, blasted the inside and rewelded a metal bowl in the bottom to replace the baffle....then coated it and baked it......I am very happy with the results..the coating is rock hard....enjoy...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Usually the tank is cleaned of all loose rust and that gas tank sealer is poured in just sloshed around in the tank, the excess poured out and then it is allowed to dry for a couple of days. I don't know what you mean by "bake" as tank sealer doesn't take to heat very well. Perhaps a low drying heat but a heat to bake it doesn't sound right.
I believe that tank sealer will work but with all of the gasoline additives used these days (including alcohol) , the question is how long it will it last?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

hye_4_life

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hye_4_lifeSend a Private Message to hye_4_lifeDirect Link to This Post
Very nice Dan! It looks like Dennis is right about the coating not being baked; in the last picture, it looks like the coating slowly ran until it had completely dried. It looks really good, even if the coating on the inside doesn't stay on there forever, I don't see how the insides would rust if it constantly gets filled up.
Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Direct Link to This Post
I had this done to a different car I have and it is guaranteed for life. I think it is the same renu company or whatever. It would have been literally impossible to find a new/used tank for my other car so this sounded good. Been good for 5 years or so, cant complain.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
That tank looks sweet!

Dave

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock