Duplicolor Paint Shop paint by thefredman
Started on: 04-24-2010 07:56 AM
Replies: 48
Last post by: NightMare Cruiser on 05-03-2010 11:13 AM
couldahadaV8

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:
I am sure you are both very good, but your constant bickering back and forth make you both appear to be immature and petty.

Very well said.
IP: Logged
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Perhaps we are tired of the personal attacks that are intermixed with the advice.

He does it his way, his customers are happy, he is successful.

You do it your way, your customers are happy, you are successful.

It is beneficial to those of us that are trying to learn to hear about different approaches and different materials.

We learn nothing from the constant bickering about who's right, who's better, who can do a better job.

I am sure you are both very good, but your constant bickering back and forth make you both appear to be immature and petty.

Joe

It's not that we do things differently - I'm sure he's very good at what he does. It's that he keeps calling me a liar when I say I can blend clear urethane - REPEATEDLY FOR OVER A YEAR NOW. Just because he can't blend it, & doesn't know anyone who can, DOESN'T MEAN I CAN'T.
If you want to use 1950's technology laquer primer then it doesn't bother me. I'm sure if he told his customers (the Corvette & Ferrari owners) up front that he did that they'd be very UNHAPPY.
It's not about who's better. I don't LIE & I DON'T APPRECIATE IT when I'm called a freakin' LIAR!!!!
You wouldn't defend yourself when someone called you a LIAR - REPEATEDLY FOR OVER A YEAR at that!???
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
thefredman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefredmanSend a Private Message to thefredmanDirect Link to This Post
I think the fender looks good. Thanks for the pics.....thanks for all the different views and ideas. I'll let you know what I.....decide....

Steve (thefredman)
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
This is a maaco paint job on the car. The 1/4 panel scoops and the taillight panel, however, were done in our 'tent' garage thing with duplicolor paint shop primer, paint, and clear.

No prior painting experience, no idea how to blend fade, etc. Just followed the directions and hoped for the best. The black isn't as dark as the maaco, but if the whole thing was done with it, the results would be rather acceptable. You can only see the color mismatch "noticeably" in pictures. It takes a good bit of looking to notice it in real life. But hell, my 84 fiero has never been repainted and the damn panels don't match.

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 04-29-2010).]

donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Jncomutt, I think the paint on yours looks awesome. Did you use any kind of flex agent when you sprayed or are you just hoping noone bends in the plastics causing cracks? I only ask because I want to try this stuff ot too. Can't afford a high dollar paint job but, want mine to look good until I can. Sorry to jack the thread. Thanks
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
None, just used it all as is as said to on the can.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

If you want to use 1950's technology laquer primer then it doesn't bother me. I'm sure if he told his customers (the Corvette & Ferrari owners) up front that he did that they'd be very UNHAPPY.

~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

They usually ask for laquer paint, or at least what the cars original factory paint was. Sometimes they even furnish the paint. I got a lot of business from people who cant find shops that WILL use laquer. No one cares as long as their cars look perfect and holds up. I dont do anything on a customer car that I dont do to my own show/ everyday cars. I do any car like its my own and dont cut any corners UNLESS they specify what to do differently. From what Ive seen and experienced personally, I will not use a catylized primer on my own car ever. Laquer primer works just fine for everything I do, just like blending urathane apparently works for you.

------------------

Owner / Operator Custom Paint and Body...
specializing in Corvette & Higher End Autos for 45 years
Ferrari, Mercedes and Porsche Body Repair Approved

toys: '66 custom Dodge 'Super Bee'
pwer by 413 SuperStock V8
2008 Mustang Bullet Edition
1977 Cessna 172XP HiPerf

thefredman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thefredmanSend a Private Message to thefredmanDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the photos.......looks good
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
If either on of you two guys (Roger or Driver) were closer I'd use you to paint my Fiero!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock