Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Does anyone have the pinout for the amp on the "Performance Sound System?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Does anyone have the pinout for the amp on the "Performance Sound System? by Frizlefrak
Started on: 04-10-2010 10:49 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Frizlefrak on 04-10-2010 11:33 PM
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Howdy folks....

I picked up a "Performance Sound System" out of a GT at the wrecking yard. I got:

Amp
Sub Housing.
Dome Light / Slider assembly
Harness from Slider to amp
Harness from Sub to amp
Harness from Radio to amp.

Now....here's my dilemma. The previous owner of the car in the junkyard had apparently bypassed this system at some point, probably to use an aftermarket system. The pigtail that would plug into the factory radio is present, but some wires are cut. I would also be wanting to interface this setup to a Sony X-Plod head unit. I can use either the Sony sub outputs (RCA Cable) or line level inputs for the P.S.S. amp. Anyone have a pinout for this system? If I had that, I can wire everything.

I can plug the slider into the amp in to the sub....but what I need to know is what color wires on the radio harness do what. If anyone has a full pinout of the system, +'s will be given generously, along with my eternal gratitude, whatever that is worth.

I need to order a replacement sub for the housing....the speaker inside it is very distorted. But I'd like to have this all done in time for driving the car to San Antonio for the AAFO meet in May.

Anyone?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
Might help...not the best quality pics though !

Carrolles

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure where it is but if you do a search for service manual you should find the link to all the Fiero Service Manuals. They are in pdf format and can be downloaded or just viewed online.

Section 8 of the Service Manuals is the electrical sections with evertything you need.

Wait a minute.... I just found the link,

http://www.fieronews.net/fusion/downloads.php

Hope this helps.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Mike....MUCH appreciated.

Carrolls.....I already have the manual, but in my inifinite wisdom, didn't even think to look in it for the schematic....DOH!!

You guys are the best....thanks.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock