Started on: 03-19-2010 06:15 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: josef644 on 03-20-2010 06:20 PM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Evening folks,

As I posted over in general chat, UPS lost my 4.9 injectors. I sent them to Mr Injector for cleaning and service and Bill from Mr Injector promptly sent me an email with pics of the damaged package and I filed a claim with UPS.

Anyway, Bill was telling me that the Caddy 4.9 injectors have some issues anyway and suggested that I replace them with a Bosch unit that is used in some Ford 4.6's, 5.0's and 5.4's. He said that he uses these OEM injectors to replace the 4.9 injectors and would sell me a reconditioned set for 225.00. Unfortunately, he does not have any at this time.

I did a little searching and the Bosch 19lb High impedence injector - part # 0280150973 costs 305.00 for set of 8 new. These are replacements for the Ford OEM #028150943, 939, 766 and 778. I went to the mega pull this afternoon and found several complete sets of the 943's out of 92 to 96 Crown Vics - ex patrol cars - and am waiting for a reply from Mr. Injector to see if these are compatible. If so I will send them to Bill for cleaning and service.

So, has anyone else heard this? Anyone else have any alternatives? After talking with Bill, I do not want to put a stock set of 4.9 injectors back in the motor if there are better choices. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Pat
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnsop1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnsop1Send a Private Message to johnsop1Direct Link to This Post
I put a set of yellow top Bosch injectors ( commonly found in 5.0 HO Fords ) in my 4.9 last week. It seems that the original injectors were leaking. The car runs much better now.

Mine are a set of reconditioned flow matched injectors that I got from an e-bay vendor for $100.00.

Phil
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnsop1:

I put a set of yellow top Bosch injectors ( commonly found in 5.0 HO Fords ) in my 4.9 last week. It seems that the original injectors were leaking. The car runs much better now.

Mine are a set of reconditioned flow matched injectors that I got from an e-bay vendor for $100.00.

Phil

Thanks for your reply. These that I found at the yard are yellow topped as well - not sure if that means anything though. I never even thought to look on E Bay.

Pat
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008
OK, after searching some more, it appears that the OEM Ford 4.6, 5.0 and 5.4 19lb injectors are made by Bosch and are the series 2 - has 4 holes on the pintle end and is considered more efficient. Many places that sell injectors for 4.9 Caddy's recommend these instead of the OEM Cadilac injectors and some only sell the Bisch/Ford injectors. So now I have a dilema. I can get a set of refurbished Bosch Injectors for 100.00 plus 7.00 shiping or I can get 3 sets from the yard for next to nothing and send to Mr. Injector. For 3 sets, he will refurbish one set and send back to me for no charge - just pay shipping to and from - about 30 - 40.00 bucks. This would save me 60 or 70 bucks but I'd have to spend a few hours rounding up 3 sets and busting knucles. What to do what to do?

Maybe this info will help someone else hunting for 4.9 injectors?

Pat

michfiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michfieroSend a Private Message to michfieroDirect Link to This Post
I guess it boils down to how much time do you have vs how much money. If it were me (and it will be soon for my 4.9) I am going the $107 route and be done with it. Look at it like this...rather than say how much money you will save...ask yourself...how much would you pay someone to for

time and fuel to go to the yard
time to pull the injector sets
time and fuel to drive home
time to clean them up
time and fuel to drive to the post office
postage
wait until they show up

If you answer is that you would give somebody $20 or $30 to do that work for you...then your savings is not so big. Sorry...the more I work on my car the more I stop cutting certain corners.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Pat I spent two weeks playing with sour injectors. I was broke and didn't have a choise. For less than 120, I say get um.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by michfiero:

I guess it boils down to how much time do you have vs how much money. If it were me (and it will be soon for my 4.9) I am going the $107 route and be done with it. Look at it like this...rather than say how much money you will save...ask yourself...how much would you pay someone to for

time and fuel to go to the yard
time to pull the injector sets
time to clean them up
time and fuel to drive to the post office
postage
wait until they show up

If you answer is that you would give somebody $20 or $30 to do that work for you...then your savings is not so big. Sorry...the more I work on my car the more I stop cutting certain corners.

I like the way you think....
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by josef644:

Pat I spent two weeks playing with sour injectors. I was broke and didn't have a choise. For less than 120, I say get um.

I feel your pain Joe. I goofed around with building an injector tester, smoked a few injectors, goofed around some more and was doing everything I could to save some money. When it was all said and done, I probably spent more than I would have if I would have just got them off of EBay. I won;t say it was all for nothing though. I did learn a lot about injectors - still learning too!

I think you and michfiero are right. It's probably cheaper to just get em off EBay and be done with it.

Thanks guys for your replies.

Pat

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
I bought some injectors from five-o http://www.fiveomotorsport....duct-search/?v=15410

The price has gone up since I bought mine. (almost doubled) ouch They are a popular replacement with the guys on the cadillacforums (bosch injectors for a 4.6L Ford)
http://www.cadillacforums.c...94-deville-4-9l.html

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 03-20-2010).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
A lot faster too!!!!!!!!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
I was just going to bite the bullet and order some off E Bay for 99.00 plus 7 for shipping. But I cheaped out. I ended up at the Mega Pull today and picked up 3 complete sets from 92 to 96 4.6 Crown Vics. Took me about 45 minutes to get three sets and cost 10.00. I can send 3 sets to Mr. Injector and he will clean, service and match a set for the other 2 sets. I'll just have to pay for shipping to and from. Looks like it will cost me about 50.00 for a refurbished set. Saves me about 60.00. If I get my claim from UPS, I'll end up making money!

Pat
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I have heard the 4.6 injectors have a better spray pattern. This might be the ticket fo us all in the long run.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 03-20-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock