Started on: 03-05-2010 11:30 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: tjm4fun on 03-06-2010 02:29 PM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
those of you that have made your tail lights an entire LED array, have you thought of putting a pulsar circuit on them? having the entire set flash, or pulse rapidly, would definantly catch the attention of the blonde bimbo behind you putting her makeup on in the rear view mirror in the escalade daddy bought her. thats a good safety measure to have to keep your beloved fiero you spent the relationship with your wife(now ex?) on from getting rear ended.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
hmm - LED array.
has anyone hooked up a scrolling message into the taillight array?
yes - having the letters "STOP" show up as the brake lights would be kinda chesseballish.....
Jonviviano

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonvivianoSend a Private Message to JonvivianoDirect Link to This Post
bump
tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funDirect Link to This Post
Pulsing as in on/off or pulsing as in brighter plashes over the normal bright brake light?

I beleive if you have them go to on/off you will end up getting a ticket for flashing lights as that is illegal in most states. If there is just an increas in brightness, ie like a strobe effect tho not as bright as that on an emergency vehicle, it might get by.
Jonviviano

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonvivianoSend a Private Message to JonvivianoDirect Link to This Post
I like the scrolling message idea
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
I mean like the 3rd brake light pulsar kits you see. Or like on motorcycles that have a pulsing brake light for safety. Not be pulsing the entire time. To light up for a split second, pulse 3 or 4 times then stay solid. And not beable to do that again untill 10 seconds have lapsed from the last time the pedal was pushed.

------------------
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
As we all know, people LOVE to tailgate a Fiero. I wanted to MAKE SURE nobody rear-ends me anytime I have to make a hard stop.

I installed the BLP-1 brake pulser from WebElectric http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm
when I modified my wing with a LED strip 3rd brake. Works great!

I have a brake pulser on my Honda Goldwing GL1500 as well. They DO get people's attention when braking.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000078.html

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-05-2010).]

Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticDirect Link to This Post
It most likely not work. The blond driving the Tahoe cannot see your lights when she is driving that close while updating he Facebook on her iPhone.

PS. A friend of mine was making fun of me and my Fiero. She said that sports cars say something about the owners. I then informed her what a Tahoe says about her. I asked if she put the T/A and Hoe in Tahoe. I felt bad when her husband called me and said that they had to sell the SUV as she would not drive it anymore.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
how does that flash rate act on the webelectric product? im thinking that a circuit made to drive an incandescent bulb would differ in flash rates from one that was made for a LED.

------------------

Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brastic:

It most likely not work. The blond driving the Tahoe cannot see your lights when she is driving that close while updating he Facebook on her iPhone.

PS. A friend of mine was making fun of me and my Fiero. She said that sports cars say something about the owners. I then informed her what a Tahoe says about her. I asked if she put the T/A and Hoe in Tahoe. I felt bad when her husband called me and said that they had to sell the SUV as she would not drive it anymore.

Ha! Don't feel bad! You helped get one more SUV off the road. I can breath a little easier.

Now if we can just get semi's to check their freaking mirrors. I've almost went under 3 last year on the HWY. Pathetic fiero horn does little to help either. The only reason I'm still here is the V8.

I swear some day I'm going to mount a giant flashing neon sign to the roof that says "I'm right here! Don't hit me!"

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 03-05-2010).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

how does that flash rate act on the webelectric product? im thinking that a circuit made to drive an incandescent bulb would differ in flash rates from one that was made for a LED.

No difference - it's electronic. The same reason you get an electronic flasher if you change your signal lights to LED.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

This has always been my favorite LED setup. He made it where the center portion of the light also lights up (it doesn't do that on a stock Eclipse setup).

Of course nearly every setting he has the lights on is nowhere near legal, except probably the brake, turn, and hazard signals.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Good luck on getting that Tail light controller. I paid for one Over a year ago. Still waiting.
tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroseverywhere:

Ha! Don't feel bad! You helped get one more SUV off the road. I can breath a little easier.

Now if we can just get semi's to check their freaking mirrors. I've almost went under 3 last year on the HWY. Pathetic fiero horn does little to help either. The only reason I'm still here is the V8.

I swear some day I'm going to mount a giant flashing neon sign to the roof that says "I'm right here! Don't hit me!"

That won;t work. when she's busy texting/ scrolling thru her phonebook she is not watching anything. that is how the ditz nailed me. rav4 hit me in the back and pushed me under a subaru forrester, so she got bothe ends of the car in one shot. knocked the radio right out of the dash too.
The price we pay for low cars and idiot suv drivers.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock