Started on: 02-08-2010 11:19 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: randye on 02-11-2010 11:09 AM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2010 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
ive been tossing the idea around in my head everytime i see a new mustang gt with the center mounted lights. although some center mounted large lights would look cool, im not sure as to what style would look best. not redicuously large. any one done this?

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Here's an old photo of my Fiero:

The driving lights (Hella Optilux 1300) were too big to fit in the grille openings. So I cut out some of the grille area to make room.
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
*I'm trying to picture a mustang.*

What do you mean by center mounted fog light?

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2010 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
Just installed LED driving / fog lights from Optronics:

I made aluminum brackets so that they "float" in the grill openings.

Brackets:

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-08-2010).]

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2010 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
like these...

------------------
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Just installed LED driving / fog lights from Optronics:

Brackets:

wonder if i could pass those for headlights....

and fogs centre'd like the pos mustang = bad look imo.

------------------

Turbogoose

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2010 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbogooseSend a Private Message to TurbogooseDirect Link to This Post
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Wish I could find a picture of it, but I had the fog lights mounted in a cutout in the GT nose, with yellow lexan covers over them, similar to a Viper GTS-R. Of course i had to cut out some of the metal bumper and impact absorber, but it did look good. And the light output was very good. Think all the pictures and video of the car were on the laptop that got stolen awhile back

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post

------------------
1984 Fiero Sport
1987 Fiero
1984 Fiero SE
1999 Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3 LX LPG
*** nuclear winter cures global warming ***

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the Mustang pics. Now I know what you mean.

Brackets:

Thanks for posting the bracket pics. I think I'll do something similar to mount a parking distance detector.

I thought about mounting it in the blinker housing, but this way they'll be more centered in the car.

So you just drilled into the honecomb up there? How did you route the wiring, and where did you mount the switch?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Thanks for posting the bracket pics. I think I'll do something similar to mount a parking distance detector.

I thought about mounting it in the blinker housing, but this way they'll be more centered in the car.

So you just drilled into the honecomb up there? How did you route the wiring, and where did you mount the switch?

I drilled and tapped into the bottom of the steel bumper, (2) M10 bolts per bracket.
The wiring routes through the drivers side of the front fascia and up into the headlight area. From there it goes into the existing cable harness and back into the cabin, (under the dash).
The switch is mounted in a "defroster switch delete" panel on the right side of the instrument pod.
Power is tapped from a ignition "keyed" terminal on the fuse box so that the lights go off with the ignition in case I forget.
Glad you like the brackets. They are simple to make once you figure out where you are going to mount the lights, (or device).
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2010 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Randye: It just seems that I am always commenting on your Fiero. I really thought that I did a great job on fabbing up similar brackets for my driving lights. But yours, yours are pretty darn cool. As with the rest of the car, nice work.

------------------

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Randye: It just seems that I am always commenting on your Fiero. I really thought that I did a great job on fabbing up similar brackets for my driving lights. But yours, yours are pretty darn cool. As with the rest of the car, nice work.

Thanks Tony.
When I do this kind of stuff I always imagine that you guys will see it and think WTF was he thinking??!!
I guess I have way too much time on my hands.
You also did not see the 3 other brackets I made before I got a pair that were the same

As far the OP's idea of mounting 2 large round lights in the center front of a Fiero...
In my opinion, it would conflict with the styling lines of the Fiero, (a lot) and probably end up looking awkward.
The stock Fiero front fascia needs horizontal lines to blend well with its styling and there are plenty of rectangular or oblong lights to choose from that look MUCH better.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

As far the OP's idea of mounting 2 large round lights in the center front of a Fiero...
In my opinion, it would conflict with the styling lines of the Fiero, (a lot) and probably end up looking awkward.
The stock Fiero front fascia needs horizontal lines to blend well with its styling and there are plenty of rectangular or oblong lights to choose from that look MUCH better.

It looks awkward on the Mustang anyway... Outboard from center driving lights look alright on it, though. (Like a normal Mustang, not one of these modified examples)
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
round lights wouldnt match the fieros body lines at all. i was thinking of center mounted, but something that would match the fieros body lines a bit more...

------------------

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

americasfuture2k

7131 posts
Member since Jan 2006
i wonder how these would look on the car....theyre the E36 Euro Clears

------------------

RickN

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNDirect Link to This Post
I've put Hella FF-75 lights on my '88GT

------------------
RickN
White 88GT 5spd
White 85GT Auto (coming soon SC3800 Series II w/ AOD)
White 99 F250SD 7.3PSD 6spd
1956 Ford 860 Tractor w/ Freeman Loader
20Ft H&H Tilt Bed Trailer

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
My GT

VinnieVu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VinnieVuClick Here to visit VinnieVu's HomePageSend a Private Message to VinnieVuDirect Link to This Post
Check out these new 10 watt LED light from Vision...

A lot of people have been using them on motorcycles as auxilary lights... the off road crowds are also catching on and using them as well.

I am considering getting a set as fog lamp... they're quite expensive... but they output 900 lumen... almost good enough as headlight replacement!!
http://www.visionxoffroad.com/led/s1100/

Did I mention they're LED and last 50,000 hours and run at 50watt and less than one AMP!?!
never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post
randye................
Could you please insert a whole shot of your car?
Tending to want something different when I paint mine and yours is pretty cool.
I am leaning towards a deep red or something similiar to yours..
Thanks.Cliff
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by never2old:

randye................
Could you please insert a whole shot of your car?
Tending to want something different when I paint mine and yours is pretty cool.
I am leaning towards a deep red or something similiar to yours..
Thanks.Cliff

Check these threads for more pics of my paint job:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/101963.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/076849.html
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave