84 4 speed clutch squeel and won't disengage by rickn11
Started on: 12-07-2009 11:56 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: wheelman2148 on 12-10-2009 08:44 PM
rickn11

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rickn11Send a Private Message to rickn11Direct Link to This Post
I have another thread going about this problem, but I also wanted to start a new one about the loud squeal when i depress the clutch pedal.

I don't even get a grind when trying to shift gears. When trying to start in gear the car jumps.

I have replaced the master, slave, and bent the clutch pedal back into place. I have bled the lines multiple times. I am only getting about 3/4" of travel at the slave rod. The clutch squeals like crazy when I push the clutch pedal in. I am more than willing to bleed the lines again, but I am wondering about the sound. What to do next?????????
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
That sounds like a frozen Throwout bearing. That is the only thing I know of that squeals when you push the clutch. At 3/4-7/8" travel you should be able to get it into 2nd gear and up with a little grinding.
wheelman2148

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wheelman2148Send a Private Message to wheelman2148Direct Link to This Post
Hi, I gotta go along with the throwout bearing too. Replace it before it grinds a deep groove in the fork, then you have to replace the fork too.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock