Clutch will not disengage. by jasedude
Started on: 11-17-2009 06:29 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Shill on 11-20-2009 07:07 PM
jasedude

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasedudeSend a Private Message to jasedudeDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

This is my first post to this community, because I just recently decided to fix up the 85 fiero that has been sitting for years. Now, I'm sure since its been sitting for at least 4 years it'll need a lot of work, but the reason it sat for so long is that, from what my dad tells me, the clutch would not disengage and you cannot shift. The car has had three clutches installed in its lifetime. So, I did a little research and heard that the problem could be as simple as a bent clutch pedal. I read that the way to tell is that the clutch pedal should be an inch higher then the break, which it is clearly not. Is their a detailed post on the subject I could read from? Anything I should know?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
The bent pedal is a common issue, Fierostore.com sells new steel ones, well worth the money, even if its not bent yet. Also the Fiero clutch Hydraulic system is about the most finiky in automtive history. The clutch must be bled properly and NO air can be left in the system. If it has sat that long you may want to get a new master and slave so your not chasing problems, start out fresh !

I will see if I can dig up some info !

Welcome to the Forum

------------------
Mike
'86 Fiero 3800 supercharged '86 Fiero SE original
'85 Fiero SE '85 Fiero GT
'84 Fiero SE '84 Fiero Base coupe

Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post

Mike Gonzalez

5093 posts
Member since Jul 2001
jasedude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2009 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasedudeSend a Private Message to jasedudeDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I finnaly had some time and peered under the dash to look at the clutch pedal. Comparing to other photos of bent pedals...I honestly could not see much of a bend on it. So, Having said that, what else would cause a clutch to not disengage at all?
Shill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2009 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post
Hey there, I'm having the same exact issue, I know my local fiero expert told me that I should invest in an adjustable banjo bolt for the master cylinder as I have alot of play in my pedal before the both presses into my master cylinder. I would do a bit of research to find out if that could be a possibility for yours also. Still trying to figure out exactly which one mine has, the large or small bushing. Here is a picture of mine so you know what you are looking for, it attatches to the clutch pedal, it has a bracket and it was confusing for me trying to take pictures not seeing where it was, it's more behind my fuse cluster than where I was looking on my pedal.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock