Started on: 11-13-2009 06:41 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: fieroguru on 11-14-2009 08:17 AM
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of springs in my garage that I am pretty sure are 88 springs, however I have nothing to compare them to.

I want to cut a coil off of them and try them on my formula, but really do not want to go to the effort if they are pre 88 springs.

I know the 88 fronts are shorter than pre 88's, but does anyone have a size in inches so I can measure mine and find out for sure?

thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
figured it out. Found this picture which shows from left to right, an 87, 88, and 1 coil cut 88 front.

Counted the coils on the 88 uncut spring in the middle and found that the springs I have are indeed 88's

Time to cut some coils.

Just need to think of the best, easiest way to cut them without a torch

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 11-13-2009).]

Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
Just for the record, I measured my uninstalled ones here in the shop and they're 12.5" at their longest points.
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
thank you for taking the time to measure. I will check mine with your measurement just to double check.

Appreciate it!
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
The rear of the 88 are much smaller in diameter at the top than the earlier years.

Also, you can use an 88 front with 1 coil removed in the rear if you make something to keep it centered at the top (3" exhaust pipe works well).
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
that is good to know, creative.

I measured mine and they are darn near 12.5"

Just need to cut them and put them on now to bring the front of my Formula back to earth

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
I cut all mine with a 4 1/2" cutoff wheel on a hand held grinder or my 14" milwalkee chop saw.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock