3800 and the 6T70/75 by Bubbajuju
Started on: 09-20-2009 12:06 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: FastFieros on 09-20-2009 01:40 PM
Bubbajuju

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BubbajujuSend a Private Message to BubbajujuDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have any updates or progress on mating the 3800 to the newer 6T's?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
No stand alone electronics to run the transmission at this time. The OEM option is there, but every expensive.

I have the adapter plate cut, and the flexplate support.. However getting the starter developed on there is going to take alot of extra work.

http://www.fastfieros.com shifting into the future with 6 speeds...
Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post
6T70 MH4 version from the 2008 Saturn Vue should bolt directly to the 3800 and 60 degree motors except the 3.6L DOHC which the majority of the 6 spd autos share their bolt pattern with. The 08 VUE comes with a 3500 LZ4 V6 bolted to the 6 spd auto I listed, I'm not confusing it with the import L66 3500 found in the 07 VUE. The LZ4 (VVT) and LX9 3500 has the same bolt pattern as the 3800. The MH2 6T70 auto is what comes bolted to the 3.6L.

This GM tranny link might be of some use also;

http://www.gminsidenews.com...php?page=trans_guide
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I should have made it clear that I am working with the 'best' choice for high HP and Torque usage on LSx engines. That would be using the 6T75. The adapter plate is High feature V6 to LSx / SBC bolt pattern.

The 3800SC in stock to mildly mod'ed should work with the 6T70 and the bolt pattern is matching ( M6 or Metric 6 ) ..

No matter the choice of 6 speeds. They have the variable bleed solenoids and no one has a stand alone controller that I have read anywhere. I just talked with PCS this week and they are still 2-3 months out on having a working prototype. Its not the hardware that is the hold up. Its the communication of the transmission protocols. If someone has a leak inside GM and wants to share the communication protocols this can move forward faster.

ScanTool data shows....

Scan Tool Parameter Shift Speed Variables
Calc. Throttle Position Calc. Throttle Position (TP) is one of the most important inputs in the transmission shift pattern logic. A very low TP angle will impact the shift pattern by causing upshifts. A very high TP angle will impact the shift pattern by causing downshifts.
Commanded Gear Based on numerous inputs, the transmission control module (TCM) selects the optimum gear. Once the TCM commands a gear, the pressure control solenoids are activated to hydraulically control engagement of the proper clutch.
Cruise When cruise control is activated, the shift pattern is altered to reduce excessive shifting.
ECT Shift speed points may be offset to enhance engine coolant temperature (ECT) warm-up. Also, operating the vehicle at higher engine speeds will reduce the time to warm the ECT and the TFT.
Engine Speed To protect against an over speed condition, engine speed is monitored. If the engine speed becomes too high, an upshift will occur.
Engine Torque Engine torque is used to predict vehicle operating conditions, in order to determine the optimum gear and provide for a smoother ride.
IMS The internal mode switch (IMS) indicates the position of the transmission manual valve. The operator controls this valve by moving the gear range selector. Therefore, the possible gears may be limited by this valve position.
TCC PC Sol. Duty Cycle The torque converter clutch (TCC) pressure control (PC) solenoid duty cycle indicates when the TCC has been engaged.
TCC Slip Speed The TCC Slip Speed indicates the difference between engine speed and transmission input speed. The TCC is locked when slip speed is at or near zero, and may be controlling slip when at lower slip speeds.
TFP Switch 1, 3, 4 or 5 The transmission fluid pressure (TFP) switch is used to indicate if fluid pressure to a specific clutch has been applied or released.
Trans. Fluid Temp. A lower TFT will extend shift speeds, a higher TFT, or hot mode condition, will invoke shorter shift speeds in order to establish a shift pattern required to cool the TFT.
Transmission Hot Mode If the TFT becomes too hot, a hot mode shift pattern is used. The hot mode shift pattern will invoke lower shift speed points to establish a shift pattern necessary to cool the TFT.
Transmission OSS The transmission output speed sensor (OSS) is one of the most important inputs into the transmission shift pattern logic. A very low transmission output speed will impact the shift pattern by causing downshifts. A very high transmission output speed will impact the shift pattern by causing upshifts.

http://www.fastfieros.com can install the OEM version however today. Expensive however on what is involved to get the PCM, BCM, TCM, all going and married.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock