will this muffler work on my 87GT by eze does it
Started on: 09-02-2009 04:12 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Fieroking on 10-25-2009 10:41 PM
eze does it

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eze does itSend a Private Message to eze does itDirect Link to This Post
- Aluminized Steel, Direct fit product, High Flow OE Replacement
Part Number: F139430462Manufacturer Number: 9430462
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List Price: $105.72
Our Price: $86.67
You Save: $19.05

Quantity:

FLOWMASTER SUPER 44 SERIES DELTA FLOW MUFFLER, ALUMINIZED STEEL, BLACK -- For off-road and race applications; 3 in. inlet diameter; 2.5 in. outlet diameter; Single offset inlet and dual offset outlet configuration; 4 in. thick x 9.75 in. wide x 13 in. case length, 19 in. overall length; Oval casing; Chambered internal construction; Direct fit, high performance; The newest technology from Flowmaster; Designed to replace the old original Flowmaster 40 series muffler; This is the most aggressive and deepest tone street and strip muffler Flowmaster has ever made; It offers maximum performance and an improved flow path radius; Generates more torque and power; Features noticeable interior resonance; Designed for early generation muscle cars; Dual exhaust cross-over pipe is strongly recommended in all dual exhaust applications; With Flowmaster's limited 3-year warranty.
Material: Aluminized Steel

Series: Super 44 Delta Flow

Type: Direct Fit Product, High Flow OE Replacement

Color: Black

Warranty: Flowmaster's Limited 3-year Warranty
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hellbentkrusty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hellbentkrustySend a Private Message to hellbentkrustyDirect Link to This Post
anybody do this?
been looking at this for awhile now and cant get my head around how to get the tips on the right sides .
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
I thought you had to cut the body of it down some to fit... West Coast Fiero does this setup... call and ask
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
I looked it up, best I can say is that it 'might' fit but it would be tight. according to this http://www.jegs.com/i/Flowm...0462/10002/-1?CT=999 the body itself is 13 inches long. Stock muffler on my 88 duke had a body that was 12 inches long, 12 inches high and around 4 1/2 inches 'deep'. I found a magnaflow one that was 11 inches long and had to rework the pipes to make it fit because it was not as tall.
Info here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/103848.html

You might be able to judge how well or not this flowmaster one would fit from that. An extra inch in body length does not seem like much but don't forget that you have to bring in the exhaust pipe from the manifold to the lower input and certainly on the muffler I used that was right on the end of the final bend.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

[This message has been edited by ltlfrari (edited 10-23-2009).]

Steve25

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve25Send a Private Message to Steve25Direct Link to This Post
The problem is, at the end of the day it will still be a Flowmaster.

------------------
Steve AT 88GTP DOT com
88 GT\3800 SC\4T65E-HD

mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
I have an 80 series that fits but it was tight
hellbentkrusty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hellbentkrustySend a Private Message to hellbentkrustyDirect Link to This Post
i see the problem as both outlets are on the same end.unless you a losing the trunk i cant see a way of getting the pass side back there.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hellbentkrusty:

i see the problem as both outlets are on the same end.unless you a losing the trunk i cant see a way of getting the pass side back there.

Are they, it's not clear from anything I've found as to which is the inlet.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

hellbentkrusty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hellbentkrustySend a Private Message to hellbentkrustyDirect Link to This Post
ya 3'' offset on one end and 2-- 2 1\2 offsets on the other end.
but they state its a drop in.
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2009 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingDirect Link to This Post
If you are set on a Flowmaster (obnoxious loud and raspy) you need the one that fits the 80's Camero. 2.5 in and out with the inlet offset. Had one on my 3.4 DOHC and to replace it with a Dynoflow to quite the car down. I think Flowmaster mufflers are designed for long run exhaust systems not the short run systems that Fiero's have.

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE Daily driver with a 3.4 DOHC OBD II
88 Formula/GT 4.9 Allante Intake (My Baby)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock