Started on: 08-02-2009 07:02 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: RideZiLightning on 08-04-2009 08:34 PM
RideZiLightning

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2009 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
My GT died when I pressed the max AC button (no ac in the car, accidental push)

'98 GTP motor with getrag

No blown fuses

Fuel pump relay repeatedly clicks once the ignition is turned on and check engine light flashes in unison

Disconnect relay and the check engine light is stable, direct 12v to pump and still no start

Pull gauge fuse and no click, but again, no start

My passkey bypass might be bad?

My shop is a half hour away and I'm the only one in town this weekend, no tools but wire nippers and socket set

[This message has been edited by RideZiLightning (edited 08-02-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2009 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like the fuseable link near the battery junction block just below the C500 connector has burnt out.

If not that, the wire that powers the computer has burnt out nearly completly, so that when the computer places a load to a relay, the voltage drop shuts the computer back off. I'd get a Volt meter to the orange or red wire on the blue connector at the computer pin number 20. This wire supplies the computer with battery power. Pin 19 right next to it, tells the computer that the ignition is on. Check this one too. Also, verify that the computer is well grounded. Depending on who did your harness, the computer may be supplied its power via the blue connector Pin 20 at the ecm from a small fuseable link near the battery as well. so check this wire out thoroughly if it exists.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2009 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
This was my ninth harness I've done but I definitely could have messed something up

I'm skating to the shop right now and gunna grab my other 3800

I guess I'll just swap parts til I figure it out

Thanks very much for the ideas though

Keep 'em coming
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2009 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post

RideZiLightning

1540 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Must have toasted a ground somehow

Hooked some jumpers from the frame to the main ground junction I had set up and it started just fine
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Double check your wiring at the C203 especially pins M and N. M is ground and N is power from the A/C 25 amp fuse which you do not want going to ground. I would also add in an extra ground or two to be safe from the engine block to the car's chassis. Dan
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I forgot about that one, There is a brown wire in the C203 that is actually power, but it looks black like a ground. Perhaps that is the problem?
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
The power to the AC had worked its way out and grounded itself under the dash

Thanks for the help guys

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock