Proper fuel pressure for 3.1?? by ALJR
Started on: 07-30-2009 04:02 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: mtownfiero on 07-31-2009 10:05 PM
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
What would be the starting-point to set my adjustable fuel pressure regulator to?
Also, what is the thread size for the pressure relief valve going into the fuel rail? Is it 1/4" NTP?

Fiero is an 88gt 3.1L that has been fully performance built...

Getting to the point where I will soon be firing her up for the first time (starting for the first time will be another post soon)...

Thanks,
AL
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Being that it is N/A I would assume that you would set it to stock fuel pressure and go from there. Heck... the LT1 350 runs the same fuel pressure as a Fiero 2.8.

Fully built doesn't tell anyone much... larger injectors? Start a little higher than stock and see what you have for BLM/INT values.

Stock computer?
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
What is the stock PSI? Engine has never been started since build and installation of adjustable FPR...

BTW, injectors are stock...
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
42 PSI is the base fuel pressure
with the 3.1, and the stock 15 pound injectors, you may want to go a little higher
45-48 is just a guess
if you have winaldl or any other data collector software - you will use that data to make fine adjustments, based on the "BLM" adjustments
tryin to remember, I think 128 is the value you are shooting for. if it above 128, raise the pressure, below 128 lower the pressure. I think.
Larry Nakamura

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraDirect Link to This Post
I have an 88GT with the crate 3.4L and 17lb injectors. I
set the fuel pressure to 50psi (without engine running) and
when you turn the engine over it runs at approx 45psi.
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the starting point. Now I need to order the PSI guage...

Pyrthian, Not too sure what your refering to. Data collector? Is this like a code reader, or a device that connects to the engine somehow?
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
He's talking about using an ALDL cable to read data on a computer to show different values while your car is running.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock