Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  found some more stuff to use from a 4th gen...

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

found some more stuff to use from a 4th gen... by americasfuture2k
Started on: 07-24-2009 02:49 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: americasfuture2k on 09-24-2009 08:09 AM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i was looking for the RAP module location for the 4th gen cam-bird. found a picture and guess what else i saw? an expess down module and its location. the 93-95 taurus uses these too, just unsure of their location. for both cars, they are just for down. but if you want up, you need to wire in a second module to the up part of the switch. these are a great cheap solution if you want to add express up and/or down to your windows. this means 2 modules per window run some long wires and find a place to tuck em away somewhere in a fiero

or you can go the expensive route and get some DEI (directed electronics) one touch up/down modules. these are like 100 bux per module, BUT they control up AND down. an even better AND, one module controls two windows. so thats just one module needed. pricey tho...

so there are some choices for express one touch windows. CHEAP or $$$$. MANY or JUST ONE. TAKES UP SPACE or USES LESS SPACE. your choice. they both have thier pros and cons.

BUT WAIT, THERES MORE!

the 4th gens have a DRL module you can also use. its located behing the radio and has two 8 pin connectors going into it. one black and one blu plug. i have yet to find a picture of its location and schems for the pinouts. i may have them in another email i sent to my personal email from here at work.

thats all for now. stay tuned for more. may not be from a 4th gen or another car, but there WILL be something

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | 87 GT Inside Test Run | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 01
3500 Fiero GT Test Run 02 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 03 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 04
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
Interesting options there americasfuture2K. I'm (slowly) working on a stretched F355 rebody with N* & F40 trans. I'd like to update the functionality of the interior with some of these neat ideas while the interior is out of it. I liked the idea in your other thread too about the RAP. Great thinking outside the box. Keep it up.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i tend to "nuke" things. speaking navy of course. im an electronic tech, so what that means is i go waaay out of the box on things

EDIT: to correct speeling erorros

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 07-24-2009).]

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

americasfuture2k

7131 posts
Member since Jan 2006

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 07-25-2009).]

bowrapennocks

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2009 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bowrapennocksDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget the mid 90s Bonneville...they are way more plentiful in the pull a part yards here in Seattle. I think I see 20 Bonnevilles to one fourth gen Firebird/Camaro. I used the following in my 87 T-top:
Front door panels...modified
Console...modified
Express down module (located in left front door)..one for each side of my Fiero
RAC; I guess this is the term Bonneville uses for the RAP module..just picked that up yesterday. It is located behind the glove box.

The high end Bonnevilles (SSE SSEi) also had Bose sound systems and heads up displays...but these are usually the first to go.

Jim

------------------
Jim
86 SE 355 Body Kit w/3.1 Auto (Sold)
87 T-Top Coupe 2.8/5 Speed new project

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2009 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
rock on! i see those in pull a part all the time. the 97+ grand prix end up there a lot too.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2009 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Any news on the DRL module, I'm very interested in a how to/wiring schematic on that! Plus, it took me forever to track down this post... I found what I thought was a DRL module, and remember that I read about it somewhere (this thread!). Turns out it's a RAP module of wich I will be installing now, after reading your other thread. I remember grabbing this instead of the express down module some time ago and wondered what it was after trying to wire it up... -Jason
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2009 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
for the DRL, it looks like the WebElectric universal kit would be much easier to install. the camaro one needs a light sensor. i explain it all in that other post, modernize your fiero with technology!

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 09-23-2009).]

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
DOH! I've used his products before and was very pleased, I was just looking for another alternative... -Jason
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i have yet to use his products, but every one ive seen does sound like a very useful option to add. and im sure is very high in quality. i have not seen a single complaint.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | 87 GT Inside Test Run | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 01
3500 Fiero GT Test Run 02 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 03 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 04
modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock