Started on: 07-10-2009 11:44 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: JamesCurtis on 07-14-2009 11:13 PM
JamesCurtis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2009 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
Have any of you that used purple reign's 1988 3800 mounts taken pictures of the adjustment you had to make to the cradle? I've slotted mine twice only to find out when I set the engine down i'm still off. I'm waiting to hear back from purple reign, but I would like to get it mounted tomorrow so that I can officially begin the wiring.

Thanks all!

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
bump! I'll be heading back out tonight to sort this problem out
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
One more bump, trying to get this running for a cruise on saturday... A pic would be wonderful, I have the tranny mounts lined up but the engine mount looks way off (I know the PR mount won't line up with the 88 cradle, but I'm talking 2" further back and an inch towards the passenger side of the car)
FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Send me pictures of your 3 mounts on the cradle and I will see if I can tell what is wrong. I have PR's mounts on several installs. Yes, the 88 is the worse in alignment, but redrilling solves that. however, 2 inches is more than a redrill it sounds like.

FastFieros@FastFieros.com

http://www.fastfieros.com/projects
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I have ran into this same issue with eveyones mounts when doing 88s. The most recent was using FieroX's mounts on an 88 cradle. His mounts are a copy of PR/WCF bascially with very little differance. The mounts where so far off that no amount of drilling would have worked to mate the mounts up. We ended up welding the engine mount to the poly mount and re-drilling holes in the cradle pad to get the poly mount to line up. It was alot of extra work just to get the mount to line up where the engine/trans looked straight on the cradle.

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
Rear view of engine mount (original slotted hole is hard to see, but it's there on the left side of the bracket about 2 inches from the bracket hole, only 1/4 of it shows)

Side view of engine mount

Front view of engine mount

Front Tranny mount

Rear Tranny mount

(note that this is not a tightened down fit because I wanted to mark the cradle for drilling.
------------------

[This message has been edited by JamesCurtis (edited 07-14-2009).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock