Belts and hoses 3800 SC by Bobnoxious
Started on: 07-03-2009 07:21 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 08-02-2009 12:16 PM
Bobnoxious

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobnoxiousSend a Private Message to BobnoxiousDirect Link to This Post
I finally figured out my belt issues. Thought that I would share. The belt for the supercharger is the stock size. Goodyear # 4060670. The belt that I found to run the water pump, alternator and a/c, that also goes around the crankshaft and the automatic tensioner is a Gates # K060840. I am using one of Purple Reign's low mount alternator brackets. I do not have a/c, but found that Carquest carries a Dorman "a/c delete" pulley that works great. I just got one for the '02 GTP that my donor engine came out of. I am still looking for some good numbers for the upper and lower hose that go to the 3800. Any help would be great. Thanks. Bob
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bobnoxious:

I finally figured out my belt issues. Thought that I would share. The belt for the supercharger is the stock size. Goodyear # 4060670. The belt that I found to run the water pump, alternator and a/c, that also goes around the crankshaft and the automatic tensioner is a Gates # K060840. I am using one of Purple Reign's low mount alternator brackets. I do not have a/c, but found that Carquest carries a Dorman "a/c delete" pulley that works great. I just got one for the '02 GTP that my donor engine came out of. I am still looking for some good numbers for the upper and lower hose that go to the 3800. Any help would be great. Thanks. Bob

For hose:

DRV side---XL-1023 from AutoZone
Pass Side--21061 from O'reillys

They are a good fit but a little big on the ends. But once clamped down there is no problem.
JamesCurtis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2009 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
"DRV side---XL-1023 from AutoZone"

Is this using a modified fiero thermostat?

------------------

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2009 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JamesCurtis:

"DRV side---XL-1023 from AutoZone"

Is this using a modified fiero thermostat?

If will work on both the modded therostat housing and the stock 3800 filler neck. The hose is a little big on both ends but is not an issue when clamped down.

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2009 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Thse hoses that I used fit perfect and were a bit tight not lose so they must be different than the above. I'll look up the part numbers and post them tomorrow but both came from Autozone.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2009 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
From what I had read,the stock V6 drivers side will work (it was too short when I tried).The Autozone XL-1023 is too big and didnt fit very well.Passenger side is Autozone L-251 and works very well,I think I had to trim 3/4 of an Inch off at the coolant pipe end of the rubber hose.
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2009 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
I just want to confirm that the main serpentine belt that was originally referred to "K060840" is very close if not perfect for Purple Reign's low mount. I ended up going with the K060835 since that's all they had in stock, and it worked perfectly!

FYI - K060835 = K0 - 6 (ribs) - 0 - 83.5" long

------------------

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2009 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
I think the hoses will depend on year or fiero. I have an 88 and some of the hoses folks recommended did not fit my pass side. I haven't compared, but I think the coolant tubes may be longer on the pre-88 models.
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2009 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
"XL-1023"

Advance couldn't bring anything up with this part number, does anyone have any other numbers I can look up?

------------------

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2009 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
I'll give this another bump and update. None of the local auto parts stores can bring up XL-1023. Out of Advance Auto, Carquest, and NAPA, only NAPA was able to pull something up but they had to drop the xl- and just run 1023. He came up with a radiator tube to a late nineties early 00's dodge truck. It had a 1.44" ID on both ends, was 37.2" long, and the PN for NAPA was 8726. Any suggestions?

------------------

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2009 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JamesCurtis:

"XL-1023"

Advance couldn't bring anything up with this part number, does anyone have any other numbers I can look up?

This hose number got started around by ME ( most likely anyway ) .. I get calls upon calls about what hose, what belt, ... someone has to be the first, and that person usually will have went to local auto parts store with either a wire frame of what they are looking for, a mental picture of what they are looking for, or a nice big guess.

XL1023 ( maybe Dayco number 71713 ) is a good number at AutoZone. I have no clue what it fits. Several years ago i purchased many hoses looking for something that worked on BOTH sides. This hose does. HOWEVER, at $25 a piece, it does not exactly fit everyone's budget when you are taking a 37 inch hose and cutting it in half there about to make it work on the PASSENGER side of the installed 3800 to the Fiero. As MustangsBware as indicated in other threads, it is a little large on the Fiero tube in and you have to double clamp it to be really safe it will never leak, but in all the installs I have done, not a one has leaked. ( that I know of anyway )...

Ok, it is a Dodge Ram truck hose... this is pretty funny... Check this thread. http://www.ffcobra.com/foru...ghlight=XL1023+Mk+II ... another kitcar group is using the same hose.

Now, how to make it work on the right side requires cutting it in the right spot so it works perfect. It clears the SC belt, it is right up against the back wall where I zip tie it down so it does not rub a hole in it... it does require a double clamp on the Fiero end of things, but it fits the water pump outlet perfect with the engine installed to the car, it is not that difficult to put on.

http://www.fastfieros.com sometimes I start rumors that are true...

[This message has been edited by FastFieros (edited 07-29-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2009 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
Well I got a call back from lloyde literally as I was getting out of my car to go into advance, talk about timing! I asked them about the number 71713 and it brought up a power steering hose and a strut, so no luck there. Next I had him try to refereance xl1023 minus the xl, and he came up with Dayco pn E71713. This hose looks exactly what I figured the hose would look like and it nearly matched the 71713 Lloyde had supplied me with. Just an FYI - if 71713 doesn't bring anything up it looks like E71713 is the exact same thing.

------------------

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2009 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
FYI - E71713 has very large ends compared to the fiero's hookups. I am going to see how they hold up with dual clamps.

------------------

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2009 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Autozone XL-183 (Pasenger side) and XL-295 that will connect to a modified Fiero thermostat housing on the drivers side. some length trimming but its a direct snug fit.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock