Performance Valve Springs, duke by ScotMac
Started on: 06-12-2009 08:57 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: ScotMac on 06-15-2009 12:53 PM
ScotMac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScotMacSend a Private Message to ScotMacDirect Link to This Post
Hi, looking for some performance valve springs and retainers for the duke. Anyone know a good source? I did a search, but didn't see anything.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2009 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
How high do you intend to crank the Duke engine? The stock springs should be good for over 5000 RPM before the valves float. At that point the Duke is past redline. If you intend to rev higher don't expect the engine to last long.
Another thing to consider is the higher the valve pressures the lower the cam lobe life becomes. If you are dead set on "performance" valve springs try Summit Racing Equipment. They carry most everything.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

ScotMac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2009 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScotMacSend a Private Message to ScotMacDirect Link to This Post
It is for a race car. In general, the duke hp curve shows that i will keep it below 5000...but the extra punishment on the race track combined the more likelihood of accidently going over 5000 is the reason for the request.

I'll give Summit a call. I was thinking the cam manufacturers, also, since they make them to go w/ their cams. I'll try compcams also.

Also, does anyone know a source of performance valves for the duke...maybe something in stainless?

ScotMac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScotMacSend a Private Message to ScotMacDirect Link to This Post
It looks like manley will custom make anything. Does anyone have the measurements for 87 duke valves?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock