Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Warning !!! to everyone "FIEROFLYER" has disappeared with my money , and equipment

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Warning !!! to everyone "FIEROFLYER" has disappeared with my money , and equipment by dobie1
Started on: 06-02-2009 10:51 AM
Replies: 15
Last post by: 86_IRM_TURBO on 07-14-2009 10:13 PM
dobie1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Direct Link to This Post
I am really sorry to have to do this to anyone but , Caution to anyone thinking of dealling with Dan Mcllmoyle "FIEROFLYER"
I sent him $550 dollars along with my 3800 wiring harness and computer over 4 months ago. He told me it would be a couple weeks to do the new harness up and reprogram the computer.
He has moved will not answer emails and the phone number he gave me is disconneted. This amounts ot fraud over $1000 dollars in Canada

Sorry Dan I thought you were a honest person.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
give him time, ive heard alot of talk on him being "slow" to get some out due to his health, ive never heard anyone call him a ripoff, i dont know him so im not taking up for him, but from what ive read, hes one of the more honest guys here

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/075531.html

maybe hes not settled in yet? moving into a new place and getting shop setup again takes a while, especially if your not in good health...

i know its gotta suck waiting to get your car done tho :/ hope it all turns out good, i hate to see anyone get riped off.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I will have to add that I doubt dan is ripping you off.. He has been going through a move lately and consistently adds that he does not have the time or energy to do harnesses all the time...

4 months waiting for a harness is nothing compared to most the people that wanted harnesses done on PFF.
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Direct Link to This Post
If I'm wrong I sincerly appoligize to Dan..
And I will make a public appoligy on the form.....
I went with him due to his postings and the sincerty that he showed in his postings, and after talking with him seams like a great guy.

I would never have even though about this but when he will not even respond to a email, my only way to contact him.....
It takes very little time to just say I'm sorry I have been ill I need more time or what ever, but to not even reply for over 2 months and 5 emails.... Yes I did talk to him just before he moved and he told me it would be finished in a couple days that was over a month ago.
Ones Honesty and Reputation is to me the most important things we take through life, and I work hard to keep mine.

Wayne
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
he might be having the issue like i did when i moved, with internet, it took them 3months to get my internet working right, where it wouldnt disconnect me every 20seconds, then another month to fix my e-mail, they "disconnected" me instead of just changing the address and stuff, making my e-mail addy i had for 4years be disabled, and not available to use the same name, had to argue countless times with them before they finally fixed it and i had access to the address i used to signup on just about every site... (i now use gmail address for everything incase it happens again or i change isp's)

phone/cable companys are quick to take your $, slow to fix their problems.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Dan has been around for a long time. I believe that he deserves the benefit of the doubt. This is the first time that I have heard of anyone being unhappy with him. I must agree though that after 4 months Dan needs to step up to the plate and deliver. Lete hope he surfaces soon.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

. Lete hope he surfaces soon.

and lets hope that he is ok and health isnt a major issue here. that would be a very sad loss/loss for both parties involved :/

BigB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigBSend a Private Message to BigBDirect Link to This Post
I know Dan, purchased product from him, met him on more than a couple of occasions and as stated earlier, i believe him to be a "stand up" guy. I've posted to him locally here so hopefully this will be resolved sooner rather than later !!
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Direct Link to This Post
I said that I would let everyone know if I recieved my stuff , It all arrived today looks like what I hoped it would.
Not hooked up yet but hopefully in a couple weeks.
I do appoligize to Dan for slamming him here. Perhaps some communication would have avoided the action on my part.

Thanks and I wish you good luck in your future endevors.

Wayne Gillis
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Yes I agree I was in the wrong and should have replied and should have been much faster.
My attitude was quite bad for a while and is still not the best but then again being on heavy doses of morphine, in massive pain and seeing the wheel chair I am headed for every time I close my eyes has not helped.
Only in the last week or so have I started to get some relief in the pain in my neck and back and started to get more feeling back in my lower limbs to the point where walking does not require constant thought to keep from falling down or tripping over my own feet.
No this is not an excuse and I am not trying to pull any crap, I got in over my head and took on way too much work to the point where my body rebelled and stopped me. Dan
Whynotreuse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhynotreuseSend a Private Message to WhynotreuseDirect Link to This Post
I love happy endings.
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Dan: I don't know what's ailing you but it sounds challenging. Hope that you are feeling better soon.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post
Hang in there, Dan, things will get better!
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
When I had my harness done it was by Dan. I ended up selling the harness but it was well put together and clean. I love it when a swap harness looks like a factory harness. I know a month or more feels long... But I couldn't do it right in 6 months!

Best wishes to you and your family Dan.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
I don't have any involvement or anything, but just a friendly suggestion - I'd go back and edit the first post up top with some of the happy information... If someone opens it (like me) and sees the first post they might close it without reading any further and have the wrong impressions....
86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBODirect Link to This Post
I just happened to see a post from fieroflyer in the General Fiero Chat section. He basically explains his situation, but in my mind still could have taken the time to inform "current customers" of what was going on with their work. Glad you did get your goods from him though. Good luck!

Stupid me missed his explanation in this here section!

Scratches head and walks slowly away........

[This message has been edited by 86_IRM_TURBO (edited 07-14-2009).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock