Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  My trunk disappeared! Need help finding it again.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

My trunk disappeared! Need help finding it again. by darkhorizon
Started on: 05-03-2009 11:54 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: 30+mpg on 05-20-2009 05:49 PM
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

In my piping I tucked a DSM bov, and 2 air temp sensors, one on the turbo outlet, and one on the pipe leading from the IC to the second bend. Pump is directly under the IC clamped to what is left of the trunk. Fill is just going to be a tube, ice box is going to be in gen2.

Plumbing was stopped short, but it is mostly done, just need to mount the stock fiero alum lines that go next to the tank (going to be a bit crude, but should work).

Fuel pressure gauge is in and ready to go using a 88 fiero oil pressure sensor... just need to find the damn connector for the thing. I plan on switching them for the dash gauge for now, or just running a voltage divider for a bit using a 5v source/input. I dont see any reason to need the fuel pressure gauge all the time, or at least at the same time I need to use the oil pressure gauge...

I think the manual swap broke a crankshaft today...epic post pending removal and pictures.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 05-03-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Interesting, what first caught my attention is the blocked off Supercharger.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Well I guess you wont be puttimg your golf clubs in there no more!

And we need to know more about the blocked off blower housing???????

Pat
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Well I guess you wont be puttimg your golf clubs in there no more!

And we need to know more about the blocked off blower housing???????

Pat

its turbod, im guessing hes using the empty blower housing as an UIM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
not a bad idea

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | 87 GT Inside Test Run | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 01
3500 Fiero GT Test Run 02 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 03 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 04
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

not a bad idea

Damn Fellas--Using a blocked off SC is nothing new and has been used many times over in the GP world.

I think you need longer hose clamps on that 90* bend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see it coming along.

------------------
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.864@ 119.6mph
gmtuners.com -Build info

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Some old shots of me mocking up the turbo in a hurry (yea its dirty lol).
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
It looks as though you are going for all out performance ala ZZ. Many have come to recognize that the turbo is the way to go for the best 3800 performance. You know that you will get a better ET with this setup, the question becomes how much better?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
from the testing I did last year, I know it is cheaper than nitrous!

86fieroEarl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2009 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking on turboing my 3800sc fiero, My trunk is already gone, But is there anyway to get a turbo that mounts to the oposite direction ? I want my air breather to go to the left panel on the side of the fiero, I was going to plumb my turbo in the crossover but the way you did it is a more better place on the fiero for this setup.

Im still looking for a turbo on ebay and the cheapest I have seen the turbos (ones used by zzp) is 800bucks, My L67 already has a intercooler (I was planning on using the same one) I wish I kept my extra 3800 headers to start making the flange up for the turbo.

Anyway thanks for the pics
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2009 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I would sell the IC that sits on the motor, it has a tendency to get warm due to being surrounded by the hot motor.. My external setup is much better due to it being outside and away from anything warm... and it cost $80, you can still sell your IC for 300 or so without much issue, and you are going to want to run a n/a intake with a velocity stack in it for an extra good bit of spool time, off boost response, gas mileage, and about 3 or 4% horsepower boost.

I could have easily flipped my turbo, and made the snail of the exhaust housing hang "under" my exhaust manifold instead of above it, but alot of things worked out so I was at an advantage to set it up like I did, as there is really no easy way to do a intake on either side of the motor (although it is a bit easier as you would have some more room to play with). I would say that you just clock the flange so it is at a 45 degree angle pointing the turbo up in the air a bit, and everything should work fairly well for doing the compressor on the transmission side.

Unless going for a maximum horsepower setup, I would stick with the log manifolds personally... should offer better street response and less worries when it comes to durability of a mass of tubes, a bunch of welds, and a 45lb turbo hanging off the mass of tubes 3 feet away from your crank centerline.
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2009 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
"My trunk disappeared! Need help finding it again."

Move the flexible elbow to the intercooler inlet, cut another hole in the trunk wall & move the straight pipe into the engine bay.

That should help you find a good chunk of your trunk.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock