4.9 swap wiring help by Carrluvr
Started on: 04-24-2009 07:32 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: josef644 on 04-27-2009 02:00 PM
Carrluvr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2009 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrluvrSend a Private Message to CarrluvrDirect Link to This Post
So today I started to organize the harness. I took apart the quick disconnect on the caddy. i wanted to start routing the wires. I removed all the wires from the disconenct and joined them. I ran into a small problem. I had one wire that didn't have a mate on the opposite side. I traced it back and it goes to the round transmission connecter under the distributor. It red if you can't see. Now this car ran and shifted fine before I removed the engine. Can anyone help I'm sure it's a neccessary wire. i just can't for the life of me understand where the other side went.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
scrabblegod

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2009 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scrabblegodSend a Private Message to scrabblegodDirect Link to This Post
I am heading out to dinner, but if you will post the year and model the wiring harness came from, I will get you the info when I get home.

Gene
Carrluvr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2009 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrluvrSend a Private Message to CarrluvrDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by scrabblegod:

I am heading out to dinner, but if you will post the year and model the wiring harness came from, I will get you the info when I get home.

Gene

It was a 93 deville .Thanks.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2009 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Carrluvr some of these cars had a traction control, some may have not. Count the wires in your transmissions round plug. Six or Seven wires. The 7th one should go to pin 'C', a red wire.
A' Purple
B' Blue
C' Red
D' Tan
E' Pink
F' Green
G' Yellow
If there was nothing on the body side of that connector, it is just a dead wire. "C" wire is not listed on any of the wiring diagrams that I have been able to look at. I have found where the red wire goes to a switch in the case( Quoting from the scanned page): "Line C Temp.Switch for vehicles with Traction Control Models: ABW, ANW, AWW Transmissions". The wire 'C' crosses over the ECM to the traction control what ever? on this page. I am thinking the BCM would control the Traction Control.

It is the one shown at he bottom left center of the case. This might be to small to read here on PFF.

If you will PM me your home E-address I can send you a large size scan of this page. I got off of AllData.com trying to find the source for this wire.

Also can you tell me how you removed the metal wire ends from the two plastic half. I haven't gotten that far yet. I am waiting on getting my car hgome from Austin, Texas that I have bought for this swap.
Thanks
Joe Crawford

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 04-24-2009).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2009 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

josef644

6939 posts
Member since Nov 2006

Originally posted by Carrluvr:

It was a 93 deville .Thanks.

My Deville that I am looking at for the source of this was also a 93 Deville.
Carrluvr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2009 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrluvrSend a Private Message to CarrluvrDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Carrluvr some of these cars had a traction control, some may have not. Count the wires in your transmissions round plug. Six or Seven wires. The 7th one should go to pin 'C', a red wire.
A' Purple
B' Blue
C' Red
D' Tan
E' Pink
F' Green
G' Yellow
If there was nothing on the body side of that connector, it is just a dead wire. "C" wire is not listed on any of the wiring diagrams that I have been able to look at. I have found where the red wire goes to a switch in the case( Quoting from the scanned page): "Line C Temp.Switch for vehicles with Traction Control Models: ABW, ANW, AWW Transmissions". The wire 'C' crosses over the ECM to the traction control what ever? on this page. I am thinking the BCM would control the Traction Control.

It is the one shown at he bottom left center of the case. This might be to small to read here on PFF.

If you will PM me your home E-address I can send you a large size scan of this page. I got off of AllData.com trying to find the source for this wire.

Also can you tell me how you removed the metal wire ends from the two plastic half. I haven't gotten that far yet. I am waiting on getting my car hgome from Austin, Texas that I have bought for this swap.
Thanks
Joe Crawford

Joe this is great. I will pm you my email address. As for the connector I used a socket I believe 7mm to remove the bolt that holds the two pieces together. I separate the two side of the connector. On either side of the connector there are blue inserts that you can use a straight pick to remove. These lock the connectors in place. Then all I did is from the inside of the connector pushed a straight pick into the connector hole and lifted up gently until I heard a little click. I then was able to pull the wires out of the back side of the connector. i'll look forward to that document. Hopefully the red wire is for traction control.

[This message has been edited by Carrluvr (edited 04-25-2009).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2009 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
As soon as I get home from work today, about 1:30pm, I'll get this to you.
Joe

Edited to Add:
You also need to know that there are difference in the wiring harnesses on this one transmission connector plug. Six wire plug connectors will not plug into a seven wire transmissions. There are alignment lugs that are different and will keep the two from interchanging. You will need to know that if you ever have replace the transmission. You will have to use a traction control transmission. All of the rest of the 91 Deville harness attached to my 93 4.9 and the 4T60E.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 04-25-2009).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2009 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

josef644

6939 posts
Member since Nov 2006
It's on the way. Sent to the e-address you gave me. Look at the top right hand corner to see where wire 'C' bridges over the ECM and is not routed threw it at all. Lower left center is the connected switch that 'C' goes to.
Joe

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 04-25-2009).]

Carrluvr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrluvrSend a Private Message to CarrluvrDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

It's on the way. Sent to the e-address you gave me. Look at the top right hand corner to see where wire 'C' bridges over the ECM and is not routed threw it at all. Lower left center is the connected switch that 'C' goes to.
Joe

+ for you. Thanks again.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Wrong thread

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 04-27-2009).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock