Fiero T-Top - CJB vs Non CJB by FieroCustom
Started on: 03-11-2009 07:36 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Valkyrie on 07-30-2009 12:41 PM
FieroCustom

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCustomClick Here to visit FieroCustom's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroCustomDirect Link to This Post
At the prompting of a great PFF member, thanks Mister, I give you a post to help you all determine the difference between CJB coded T-Tops and the 84-88 NON-CJB Fieros. Any T-Top from a 1984-1987 Fiero is a NON-CJB. A 1988 Fiero maybe a CJB Fiero if it has the RPO code CJB on the options sticker under the hood. All other 1988 Fieros without the CJB RPO code also fall into the NON-CJB category. I know of at least one other t-top that I've seen on a Fiero that differs from all pictures I will post right now, but that is a rarity that I have only seen one of, so the odds of anyone having that particular set of tops is slim to nil. Without further ado, I bring you a little introduction to the difference between CJB and non-CJB t-tops. With a couple pictures of the glass seals so you can tell the difference.
88 CJB glass, note the Cars & Concepts logo on it:

This is a non-CJB glass, it also has a Cars & Concepts log on it:

This is the union of the CJB glass seal and the CJB B-pillar seal:

This is the union of the CJB glass seal and the CJB A-pillar seal:

This is the union of a NON-cjb glass seal to my CJB B-pillar seal: (note the shallower angle of the glass seal, the non-cjb door seals are bigger than CJB to fill in that gap)

This is the union of a NON-cjb glass seal to my CJB A-pillar seal:

This is the B-pillar side of my CJB glass seal:

This is the B-pillar side of a NON-cjb glass seal:

This is the A-pillar side of my CJB glass seal:

This is the A-pillar side of a NON-cjb glass seal: (Note the different shape of the front of the seal)

This is the start of the CJB door seal, just below the A-pillar:

This is the CJB door seal at the peak of the A-pilllar:

This is the CJB door seal at the peak of the B-pillar:

This is the CJB door seal at the midpoint of the B-pillar

Ok, everyone knowledgeable about T-tops check these out, please let me know if any of this information is wrong. My car does have the CJB code, and I'm going under the assumption that the door seals and driver's side glass are actually CJB. That is what was passed down to me when I bought car. Passenger side glass is different because original owner broke passenger top. To my knowledge, the passenger side glass is non-CJB.
Hope this helps everyone out.
~John

------------------
John
1955 Chevrolet 210 Sedan (Sitting idle for the moment)
1988 SE seized duke... next engine?
1988 CJB T-Top (Project car)
2001 Saturn LW300 (Daily driver)
2001 Saturn SL1

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroCustom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCustomClick Here to visit FieroCustom's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroCustomDirect Link to This Post
Would anybody with a Non-CJB coded car like to post some pictures of their seals for others to reference the difference between CJB and Non-CJB t-tops? Thanks to anyone whom does.
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
I am in the process of painting the trim and replacing the locks, but I can take the pics of the non-cjb body seals. I will take pics of the glass seals once they are finished.

To me, the easiest way to tell if you have CJB or Non-CJB is to look at the seal on the car. The NON-CJB seals have a separate rubber trim piece that goes around the headliner area. It clips down. The CJB seals have this integrated directly into the seal itself. Pic below is NON-CJB rear seal. I pulled the rubber strip out a bit to show you:

Below: Non-CJB rear. Rubber trim strip pulled for you to see:

Below: Non-CJB read with rubber strip pushed back in place:

Below: NON-CJB Front left corner close:

Below: NON-CJB Front view

For some reason, PIP started asking for a name/password, so I can't post anymore pics. No clue why..

[This message has been edited by smartaxel (edited 04-30-2009).]

FieroCustom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2009 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCustomClick Here to visit FieroCustom's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroCustomDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much smartaxel. + for you. I have personally never seen a non-cjb car in person so trying to explain the difference to other members hasn't always been clear as crystal. Hopefully this little thread will help others when they are looking to purchase t-top kits or glass like from ebay. I would have loved to have this before I bought my ebay glass; now I have to swap glass seals to the new glass panel... Not looking forward to that.

~John
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2009 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroCustom:

At the prompting of a great PFF member, thanks Mister, I give you a post to help you all determine the difference between CJB coded T-Tops and the 84-88 NON-CJB Fieros. Any T-Top from a 1984-1987 Fiero is a NON-CJB. A 1988 Fiero maybe a CJB Fiero if it has the RPO code CJB on the options sticker under the hood. All other 1988 Fieros without the CJB RPO code also fall into the NON-CJB category. I know of at least one other t-top that I've seen on a Fiero that differs from all pictures I will post right now, but that is a rarity that I have only seen one of, so the odds of anyone having that particular set of tops is slim to nil. Without further ado, I bring you a little introduction to the difference between CJB and non-CJB t-tops. With a couple pictures of the glass seals so you can tell the difference.
88 CJB glass, note the Cars & Concepts logo on it:

This is a non-CJB glass, it also has a Cars & Concepts log on it:

This is the union of the CJB glass seal and the CJB B-pillar seal:

This is the union of the CJB glass seal and the CJB A-pillar seal:

This is the union of a NON-cjb glass seal to my CJB B-pillar seal: (note the shallower angle of the glass seal, the non-cjb door seals are bigger than CJB to fill in that gap)

This is the union of a NON-cjb glass seal to my CJB A-pillar seal:

This is the B-pillar side of my CJB glass seal:

This is the B-pillar side of a NON-cjb glass seal:

This is the A-pillar side of my CJB glass seal:

This is the A-pillar side of a NON-cjb glass seal: (Note the different shape of the front of the seal)

This is the start of the CJB door seal, just below the A-pillar:

This is the CJB door seal at the peak of the A-pilllar:

This is the CJB door seal at the peak of the B-pillar:

This is the CJB door seal at the midpoint of the B-pillar

Ok, everyone knowledgeable about T-tops check these out, please let me know if any of this information is wrong. My car does have the CJB code, and I'm going under the assumption that the door seals and driver's side glass are actually CJB. That is what was passed down to me when I bought car. Passenger side glass is different because original owner broke passenger top. To my knowledge, the passenger side glass is non-CJB.
Hope this helps everyone out.
~John

All t-top glass is the same, CJB or Non-CJB. The only difference is the roof and glass weather strips.

Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2009 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Whats CJB stand for? I have an 88GT t top cjb rpo code. I would love to have new seals for it especially the ones that go across the roof(side to side) in front and behind the glass. I'm not in that phase of my project yet so I hope they are some around when I get to it.
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2009 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dementia:

Whats CJB stand for? I have an 88GT t top cjb rpo code. I would love to have new seals for it especially the ones that go across the roof(side to side) in front and behind the glass. I'm not in that phase of my project yet so I hope they are some around when I get to it.

PM sent
Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieDirect Link to This Post
So... To dumb things down for myself...

CJB = "stock/factory" basically? (Technically no T-Top is stock though, correct?)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock