Technical Fiero Videos by Myke
Started on: 06-19-2008 12:39 AM
Replies: 20
Last post by: Myke on 02-04-2010 06:11 PM
Myke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MykeSend a Private Message to MykeDirect Link to This Post
Hey all,

I tried this in another place.. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/070449.html and I got the wrong type of response. Now I am going out on a limb and hoping Cliff agrees with this post being here.

I want to start an easy to search thread for Fiero repair videos. BuddyCraigg has some AWESOME footage, as I am sure you all know, and he has a youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/buddycraigg where he stores his vids!

I also gave Xanth some airtime with his youtube page, because he also has some tech vids. His are more audio, but it's good stuff http://www.youtube.com/user/XanthReturns

Now I am going to ask the same thing here. If you have a page where we can watch you "TECHNICAL Fiero Repair vid's" please feel free to post them here. (And no, a vid of your driving skills or a 1/4 run is not technical repair)

I have been to Craigg's page so often it is now part of my browser bar.

Thanks for the space everyone!

EDIT: PS!!! if you have a photo page with your "technical" Fiero pics (JazzMan!) please feel free to list the link to that as well
(JAZZMAN!!! I know you have 1milion photos somewhere...)
Again, "Technical" pictures... Not pictures of your car in the front lawn or doing a burnout. Technical!!!
------------------
Myke

PAST: 88 L4 5spd, 84 L4 auto, 88 L4 5spd, 87 L4 auto, 84 L4 4spd

Present: 88 L4 5spd

Future: Tomorrow will tell...

[This message has been edited by Myke (edited 06-19-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Myke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MykeSend a Private Message to MykeDirect Link to This Post
BUMP (asked about this VIA PM)
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
I hope to have more videos soon, I'm working on the narration for the stereo display repair vid. Also working on a 3D Fiero rendering for making repair vids.
Myke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MykeSend a Private Message to MykeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:

I hope to have more videos soon, I'm working on the narration for the stereo display repair vid. Also working on a 3D Fiero rendering for making repair vids.

That would be real cool! Talk about an asset!!! this is why I wanted to make this thread. Thank you for your contributions to the Fiero community!

Myke
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Myke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MykeSend a Private Message to MykeDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!

I just found your old thread (sept. 07) that is similar to mine. It was a bit dusty...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/086402.html

(cough) you have grown SOOO much in just one year! (sneeze)

So who else would like to share their "tech vids?"

Myke
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i hope there's more than just me and Xanth
88Slayer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88SlayerSend a Private Message to 88SlayerDirect Link to This Post
That headliner one should help me when I start my T-top and fastback conversion.
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

i hope there's more than just me and Xanth

I'm not too surprised, its a pita to put the darn things together.
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:
I'm not too surprised, its a pita to put the darn things together.

ok, i'll give you that one.

i've got a clutch job and a AC compressor replacement lined up later this week.
unless i have a camera man, they aint gonna get taped
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I don't have any videos... not of repairs and maintenance, anyway. But I do have a lot of photos. Actually, most of them came from JazzMan. You can find them here:

www.tweaktech.com/fiero/
PFF
System Bot
Fierology

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyDirect Link to This Post
Great thread, definitely in place here. I just saw part of BuddyCraig's headlight rebuilding video. It's really good.

-Michael

------------------
"A guy know's he's in love when he loses interest in his car for a few days." -Tim Allen

He who dies with the most toys... still dies.

Check out my restoration!

Myke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MykeSend a Private Message to MykeDirect Link to This Post

ok, i'll give you that one.

i've got a clutch job and a AC compressor replacement lined up later this week.
unless i have a camera man, they aint gonna get taped

Do you have a tripod?

EDIT: The photo links are real good too, Blacktree. We can use the link to show photos of parts in other threads. This thread can become a sticky so we can find what we need later (Anyone have a pic of....).

Thank you everyone!

Myke

[This message has been edited by Myke (edited 06-26-2008).]

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Myke:
Do you have a tripod?

yes, but i would have to have it too far away to see anything, or keep moving it around while i'm working.
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartDirect Link to This Post
As long as the pics and videos are located in a place that will not get deleted, Maybe Cliff can make a small section including all the links ,sorted in some way. If it was "stickied" at the top with another section for maybe request then it wouldn't fall off in to the archives.

If Cliff can give someone (1 or 2 reputable people) Admin privileges over just that section, they could move the links posted by users to the "sticky thread" so it wouldn't get lost in the chit-chat.

If that makes any since reading it lol

Steve

[This message has been edited by JumpStart (edited 06-27-2008).]

Myke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MykeSend a Private Message to MykeDirect Link to This Post

yes, but i would have to have it too far away to see anything, or keep moving it around while i'm working.

PITA! hmm. got kids? (I can lend you one of mine!!)
Seriously, if you can do it, awesome. This would be good for me to see... My clutch is the original, and I have about 120 on the car... Third owner...

Myke

PS. I might have a gen 2 headlight job coming up here... D-side is getting jumpy and slow. Last night I didn't know if it would actually come up. (88 Coupe)
Myke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MykeSend a Private Message to MykeDirect Link to This Post

Myke

418 posts
Member since Sep 2003

Originally posted by JumpStart:

As long as the pics and videos are located in a place that will not get deleted, Maybe Cliff can make a small section including all the links ,sorted in some way. If it was "stickied" at the top with another section for maybe request then it wouldn't fall off in to the archives.

If Cliff can give someone (1 or 2 reputable people) Admin privileges over just that section, they could move the links posted by users to the "sticky thread" so it wouldn't get lost in the chit-chat.

If that makes any since reading it lol

Steve

OGM, that's an AWESOME idea. I wonder what Cliff would think? Wonder if it can be woven into his site? Going to PM Cliff, in case he doesn't see this thread (busy man that he is)
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JumpStart:

so these one or two people get to choose what information is important enough to be put in the sticky thread?
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartDirect Link to This Post

so these one or two people get to choose what information is important enough to be put in the sticky thread?

I never said my idea was perfect but maybe its a start.

Steve
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
mn
Myke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MykeSend a Private Message to MykeDirect Link to This Post
Could be a democracy.... or we can let Cliff decide what Cliff wants...
*Trying to stay out of trouble here.....*

FieroFred contacted me and suggested his video might fit well in here. I think it might, and please do not be shy about posting a video in here!!!!! If it is a technical Fiero video, it belongs here.

CHEVY V8 FIERO-4
SLIDE SHOW BUILDING A CHEVY V8 FIERO,HOW I DID IT. DETAILS, CLOSE UPS,TPI,CROSSFIRE,BIG BRAKES, THE WORKS
http://www.youtube.com/user...#p/a/u/6/wgYW9qB2aKE

There is a lot of good material in here. I have watched it 4 times, and paused it quite a few times to read some of the information. WARNING: you must keep the pause button armed!!! lol

Myke
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock