Heater Blower Motor by Bannon
Started on: 01-07-2009 07:06 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: 87FastbackGT on 01-07-2009 11:57 PM
Bannon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BannonSend a Private Message to BannonDirect Link to This Post
How involved is changing a blower motor.I think mine is gone.........
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
I cleaned up the debris on my cage and motor before, non-air fiero, super easy, just about 7 fasteners which are 7MM if I remember correctly, the whole cover comes off to expose the blower motor and heater core. Access all of it from under the front hood, simple to do. Debris pile up around the blower cage, jams everything up and becomes a fire hazzard not to mention makes a racket too, takes just minutes to clean up.

What do you suspect is the difficulty?
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Easy...
Bannon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BannonSend a Private Message to BannonDirect Link to This Post
I assume it has gone out totally.It had a slight vibrating sound when in use lately.Today, I turned it on and and nothing. I checked the fuse and it was alright.
cerulean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ceruleanSend a Private Message to ceruleanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bannon:

I assume it has gone out totally.It had a slight vibrating sound when in use lately.Today, I turned it on and and nothing. I checked the fuse and it was alright.

In my 84, it was only held in by 3 or 4 screws.

It didn't work when I bought the car. When I pulled it out to check it, it had a mouse nest in it. After "sanitizing" it. I tested it with a battery charger to supply 12V on the bench and it worked fine. You may also have a bad connection or ground. Use a multimeter to test for voltage and ground at the motor. You should remove it to clean the area anyways. Then try powering the fan directly with 12V's (either with your car battery or with a charger).

Bob

[This message has been edited by cerulean (edited 01-07-2009).]

87FastbackGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FastbackGTSend a Private Message to 87FastbackGTDirect Link to This Post
It is very easy. I think mine had like 4 screws. It is a very cheap fix. I had to replace mine because a mouse built a house, MTV Cribs style, in there.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock