Started on: 11-17-2007 10:11 AM
Replies: 20
Last post by: Mister on 10-03-2008 03:05 AM
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

Since I moded the Fiero's tails lights (All red) I'm looking for a reverse light solution.
I did the PFF search and there are solutions that don't match my "specs".

The rear reflectors are legally required in Quebec and Ontario, so my goal would be to have a dual function reflector / reverse light

I like what Fieroking has done, he installed these dual function lights from a Pontiac Sunfire
but currently I don't have the means to mod and paint the rear bumper.
If you know of a unit like this from another car that would be a direct bolt on that would be best.

Any other suggestions for this mod would be appreciated

Thanks.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 10-03-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Sunday crowd? anyone...
Sebringdcp

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SebringdcpSend a Private Message to SebringdcpDirect Link to This Post
I did the all red convertion on my tailights. solved the refector problem by cutting class A red refector tape into little rectangles that fit in the center section of the red lenses. Ran them all the way across the tailights. I now have more reflector area than stock and can convert my reflector area to back up lights without having to worry about it. If you interested in what it looks like I will post pic.
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sebringdcp: If you interested in what it looks like I will post pic.

Sure Seb, pics are always welcome

I thought about reflective tape or paint however I would rather find a proper dual light.

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 11-20-2007).]

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Anyone has ideas?
midnightcarving

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for midnightcarvingSend a Private Message to midnightcarvingDirect Link to This Post
what if you just had red back-up lights?

thats my easy-way out solution, my real solution is to hit up the junk yard for the third tail light, make yourself a diffuse clear lens out of some acrylic sheet, and mount it under the bumper in the center, above and infront of the license plate, (with a better bulb). might want to seal it all up too with some silicone or something that wont be a big deal to peel off and replace when you gotta replace the bulb.

if it wouldnt work at all, dont give me too much flak, i'm 150 miles from my fiero, so its not like i can hop over to the garage and see if it would fit... just throwing the idea out there, then you would only have 1 reverse light, but hey, we're not looking to light up the road, just not run into anything.

by the way, i like the red-out tails, it makes them flow with the rest of the car better.. and hell, its easy to do.
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by midnightcarving:

1. what if you just had red back-up lights?

2. diffuse clear lens under the bumper in the center, if it wouldnt work at all, dont give me too much flak,

3. i like the red-out tails, it makes them flow with the rest of the car better.. and hell, its easy to do.

Thanks midnightcarving

1. legally they HAVE to be white (and probably a certain brightness)

2. That's a good idea that I also thought off, I have a set of small fog lights that I can install anywhere in the back, but I would like to find that "stock" look that would be a perfect fit on the Fiero reflector location
And BTW - I would NEVER give anyone flak for making a constructive comment or offering his ideas

3. Me too it's one of my favorite exterior mods so far, Just need to resolve the reverse light before I get a ticket for it

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Ideas? Anyone?
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
i think someone used some sort of light off a corolla or something like that and they fit right in there without much modding.
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Chris, if you find more info let us know

So far I found these:

93 94 95 3000GT Stealth back up rear reverse LIGHT

They look too long

And: http://www.cruisermotorspor...TailLightCovers.html

PT Cruiser Factory Backup Light Lens Replacement

Not sure of size yet.

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 12-12-2007).]

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2007 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
The only thing that I can think of, maybe a strip of white leds along the spoiler would work well enough for backup lights (other have done brake lights, so I don't see why backup lights will not work (unless not bright enough)). The biggest problem being that the area is fairly small, you may end up having to cut up a couple different housings and making up your own that will fit the area without having to cut it.

Others, now I have a question:

Originally posted by Mister:

Anyone have more info on the lights in this picture - especially the one in the lower left corner? - tia

PFF
System Bot
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2007 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your idea

As for your question I found that photo here: http://www.kitcar.com/CR/

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 12-13-2007).]

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2007 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I saw a neat looking tailer light, its got LED's, They have clear ones that light up red or white or amber and the outer rim is like a nice black rubber seal. I think if you just cut out a section so the back of the taillight fit into the bumper, the light would seal up and look nice ones you fasten it down. No fiberglasing should have to be done. Just some cutting. I cant find the ones im thinking of but here is something sinilar

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...dZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

here are other things that could work.

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2007 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
That gives me some more ideas It will require modifications...

Thanks Chris-man, + 4 U.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2007 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
keep me updated, the only thing holding me back from starting this as a project is an s3 swap and a stock iron duke swap. ha
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2007 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Any more ideas ?
mtownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2007 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
I saw a set of seperate back up lights the other day on an early 90's park ave i think that might work out but i dont think they have the reflector in them.
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2008 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Gotta figur out something like this, a white lens in the reflector.
Cancer Researcher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2008 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cancer ResearcherSend a Private Message to Cancer ResearcherDirect Link to This Post
Would a small ultra white round or square fog light do the trick if you installed it on you chassis underneath facing backwards and running the wires to the factory back-up lights? I see those small round and square ones everywhere including Wal-mart. If you actually installed it on your chassis then it would be functional and out of the way and your fiero could be stock.
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2008 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cancer Researcher:Would a small ultra white round or square fog light do the trick if you installed it on you chassis underneath facing backwards

Thanks for your comment.

I suspect it has to be in a spot where it provides the light for the driver, and also visible to other drivers to signal the fact you are intending to go in reverse.
I'll have to (and want to) incorporate it into the reflector, trust me it would look good when I'll finally find / make it LOL
I was posting this to see is I can find a shortcut in the form of a ready made unit that's a perfect fit.

Good luck with your research

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:I'll have to (and want to) incorporate it into the reflector, trust me it would look good when I'll finally find / make it LOL

Ok....it took 6-7 months to complete the entire project and pass safety but... I've GOT IT! DONE! - Results here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/072893.html

------------------

T-Top ~HUD~LEDs ~Red Fieros~Carputer~Go West

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock