Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Please help me hook up the vacuum lines to my cruise control can!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Please help me hook up the vacuum lines to my cruise control can! by Gokart
Started on: 08-04-2007 08:26 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: avengador1 on 10-03-2008 07:18 PM
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I got my new cruise control can from TFS after discovering this! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/084717.html
I'm putting an extra coat of paint on it to help keep it from rusting....anyway I'm in the process in removing the toasted plastic one but notice it has only one hose going to it

and the stock can needs two vacuum lines.

I'm guessing that the Y connector in the first pic will have to removed but which hose goes where? I guess I could experiment without damaging anything but wanted to ask here first Thanks for some help.
Marc

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 08-04-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post08-04-2007 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
There are only three vacuum lines at the servo actuator. There are two steel vacuum lines running along the rear firewall of the engine compartment. The upper steel line has a nipple on it at the cruise servo location. Now for the lines. The first line runs from that nipple up to the large nipple on the vacuum canister. The second line runs from the small nipple on the vacuum canister to the lower, smaller nipple on the vacuum servo. The third line runs from the upper, larger nipple on the vacuum servo to the single nipple on the vent solenoid, that's the part with the red electrical connector.

If you look at the two nipples on the passenger side of the vent solenoid you'll see that the lower one is plugged, and there's a metal clip on the upper one. That clip holds a foam filter in place that keeps crap from being sucked into the cruise system and ultimately the engine. That filter is still available from any GM dealer for under a dollar. I suggest that you get one.

JazzMan
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Jazzman! Anyone got the part # of this filter?

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart

4635 posts
Member since May 99
One of these days I'll remember I have a shop manual and actually use it

Hope this may help someone else. Thanks again Jazzman.

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart: Thanks Jazzman! Anyone got the part # of this filter?

Originally posted by Gokart: One of these days I'll remember I have a shop manual and actually use it

Likewise with the 22P!

I believe I found the filter. #20. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Marc

edit: Another question! Could someone check for me and see if this filter gets directly plugged into this nipple or is there another part I'll need that the filter goes into?

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 08-05-2007).]

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart

4635 posts
Member since May 99
Bump! Can someone with cc please take a pic or explain how this cc filter is supposed to attach to the top nipple. Am I missing something else besides the filter?

Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
on my car (old gokart mobile) there is nothing hooked up to the top nipple.

your talking about that right?
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
Yes! Thanks I should remember....I had that Fiero under a year ago! Jazzman says and the 22P show a filter being there Does anyone have something here?

fierohoho

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
It was a small rectangular piece of grey foam like in a cushion and it had a hole in it.

They rotted off early on.

I made one from a piece of foam and stuck on there, just keeps the dust out when the solenoid releases the vacuum when you turn the cruise off or hit the brake.
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
The GM number (801528) crosses to ACDelco 219-13, available from Parts America (CSK) for $1.59.

EDIT:

Here's how it looks on an 88 coupe (torn on the end):

Price is $0.47 at AC-direct.com, which seems more reasonable:

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 08-07-2007).]

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies! For that price I think I'll even order 2 of them
edit: Parts America calls it an EGR filter http://www.partsamerica.com...MfrPartNumber=219-13 It's probably the right one but I'll get it through http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ Just in case.
Marc

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 08-06-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
yea now that i look there is a little bit of foam stuck to the clip on my car, i guess il get one of those too. how bad is it not to have one?

[This message has been edited by Jrgicehc (edited 08-07-2007).]

perry rhodan

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for perry rhodanClick Here to visit perry rhodan's HomePageSend a Private Message to perry rhodanDirect Link to This Post
Does the filter come with the metal clip that retain it?
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
The filters don't come with the clip. If you are missing yours your have to see if anyone else has a spare one.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 10-03-2008).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock