Started on: 04-10-2004 01:03 PM
Replies: 145
Last post by: bmwguru on 12-06-2008 06:53 PM
8Ball

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2006 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Bump-a-roni
IP: Logged
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
One more bump to keep it from the archives a little longer
jack_ink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spyhunter:

Who's gonna be the first to put a Viper engine in a fiero?

I was thinking of that to be the first to fit a V10 in a fiero but I just havent done my research yet, if there are any takers I know a Viper (97 GTS custom, 11k miles for sale 19k$) thats what I was using for the swap but never even got around to taking the engine out... its just sitting there taunting me...

EDITED FOR: I bookmarked this thread... i have an idea now and whose german car was on the previou pages? and where are they selling those kits at, I want one

[This message has been edited by jack_ink (edited 01-29-2007).]

antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comDirect Link to This Post
V12

[This message has been edited by antinull.com (edited 03-08-2007).]

s4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for s4Send a Private Message to s4Direct Link to This Post
hammer18

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hammer18Send a Private Message to hammer18Direct Link to This Post
bump
niemann99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for niemann99Send a Private Message to niemann99Direct Link to This Post
The TH325 has the BOP ( Buick-Olds-Pontiac ) bell housing pattern, so engines that will bolt to it include 3.8 RWD V-6, including the turbo V-6 found in the Buick GN, any post 1964 Buick Olds or Pontiac V-8, RWD.
JCUOIT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCUOITSend a Private Message to JCUOITDirect Link to This Post
COME ON! just use the audi 5000 tranny:

http://www.lambolounge.com/...ission/5000/5000.asp

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/080274.html

DO IT UP, i want to see a v12 fiero! LOL

good luck

JC
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I will be the first, betchu anything

Over the course of this year, I AM going to do a 3.0l dohc tt, and a bmw v12

It will happen, even if it kills me
Faster7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Faster7Send a Private Message to Faster7Direct Link to This Post
Very interesting read, just ran into this today. Seems if you wanted to make that work with the TH325 trans that you could extend the pinion shaft and space the whole ring/pinion 3rd member further from the trans to clear the engine?

Donors are only getting cheaper with the high cost of gas.... I bought a 750iL cheap enough in '02 but due to current gas prices, it has been parked. I think it's nervous.
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
So, has anyone put the BMW V12 in a Fiero yet????

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

PFF
System Bot
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Might just be a Christmas gift...
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RideZiLightning:

Might just be a Christmas gift...

I've seen many of your posts - do you have a build thread or just talking about it?
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2008 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Until I post pics, it's all just talk
Dizzixx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2008 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxDirect Link to This Post
So anything new? Maybe a mockup with the cradle on the car with the engine and trans sitting happily in their new home?
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2008 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
I rode Moto Guzzis for years. That nicasil cylinder coating is some seriously good stuff. I saw factory tolerances on these air cooled engines with 100,000 miles! All you needed do was keep the oil clean.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2008 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

So, has anyone put the BMW V12 in a Fiero yet????

give me an engine and I will do it
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
That's right Bubbajoe could be the first!
I will pay my local BMW guru a visit to see what engines he has...
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Doo itt!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
As reported earlier in the post there was a Lambhorghini Diablo kit car at Carlisle in 2006 that had the BMW 12 installed. It was a longitudinal installation and I believe that it was a stick. So it answer the question it has been done before.

------------------
87GT - 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbDirect Link to This Post
show me the money .if you read this thread over again you will find that the original poster gave up on this build . no one has completed a v 12 swap in a fiero as yet .it can be done but lets see the proof .
PFF
System Bot
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
The ones that have been done were replicas, but not on a Fiero chassis
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

give me an engine and I will do it

give me the engine, transmission, car and a large sum of money and I'll get it done in a quick turnaround.
Dave

------------------

1987 GT (my toy-see above), 1987 GT (daily driver), 1986 SE with a VW VR6, certified master technician/shop owner
www.njautobahn.com

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

give me the engine, transmission, car and a large sum of money and I'll get it done in a quick turnaround.
Dave

If you cut out the trunk and did a Longitudinal install I would believe it might be possible but you don't really want this job do you?

------------------
87GT - 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

If you cut out the trunk and did a Longitudinal install I would believe it might be possible but you don't really want this job do you?

It's 3.75 inches shorter than a northstar, 7 narrower, and just as high

C'mon, you should read about stuff before you post lol

[This message has been edited by RideZiLightning (edited 12-06-2008).]

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
I don't think the BMW V12 would really be a good swap in a Fiero. The reason they do it in the Lambo kits is for looks. You can make more reliable power with a straight 6 from a 1998 328is (M52TU).
Dennis, as many people who have worked with/for me know. I am a shop whore. Throw money at me and I start working. I'm working on a custom restoration project for a customer right now (not Fiero related). The first question I asked him was how much money he was willing to spend. That determined the outcome of the job.
I'd rather install the V12 longitudally with a Porsche transaxle, but if I were to build it for a customer and they want it mounted transversely, then I'd find a way to do it.
After the one project we are doing, we already have another unique (fiero related) ready to go.
Dave
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock