Started on: 04-10-2004 01:03 PM
Replies: 145
Last post by: bmwguru on 12-06-2008 06:53 PM
FastIndyFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2004 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ducattiman:

Eh all. well today is the big day yep GETTING MARRIED tying the knot,,

See how much you can trade her in for.

------------------

My Web page

IP: Logged
stalen88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2004 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stalen88GTSend a Private Message to stalen88GTDirect Link to This Post
Bump ..... I want to see the end of the story too.

------------------
Make it FAST or don't make it :)
LITTLE RED BOMB
www.velocityaircraft.com

ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post
eh all,,,yeah it has ben some time,,,,being chatting with a few people and things r looking gr8,,,i have pretty much have all the engine problems worked out and ready to roll,,,but,,(allways a but) no darn transmission,,,if i do find one here it is way to much,,i have been search in america ebay,,and no luck,,,i have even emailed people to look for this trans for me,,,,

So started thinking about cutting up my black beauty and i just cant do it,,i love her to much,,,the plan was to put the v12 in and a lambo kit,,but i cant do it for the life of me,,,,so the blacky will get the v12 and i bought a yellow notchie for the kit,,,,things r looking gr8

as i was drive the car back where i had bought it,,well the water pump died ..so the engine is trashed for more power then to fix it,,,,oh boy who needs a cherry picker when u have bricks,,,,,scary sick

with this new project u allways need more tools,,NEVER HAVE ENOUGH TOOLS,,,,lmao

next month i get my plasma cutter,,,wow i cant wait,,no car will be safe

i have to go the shop this sunday,,i will take more pics of the bare fiero

ShaddowGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaddowGtSend a Private Message to ShaddowGtDirect Link to This Post
theres a getrag for a bmw on ebay right now, not sure if you want a manual or not.

i want to see this thing drive man, i cant wait!

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2004 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Ducattiman..what gearbox do you need? Might be able to help, and Spain is nog meer in de beurt dan USA!!
fierofetish
Hey!! Just had a thought!! you don't happen to have a good radiator for a GT lying around, do you? I need one desperately, and the money could go towards your project!!
Bedankt!!
fierofetish

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 10-17-2004).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I recall he was looking for a th325 or 425......
Darn, last week I had a brief talk with one of the presidents of the Big City Rollers, but I forgot to ask him about where to find one of those trannies....heres their website: http://www.bigcityrollers.com/ Hopefully they can help you out.

It must be possible to find one in the Netherlands?!!! The availability of american cars and parts has gotten much better in the last years...

ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post
well it is sunday night,,what can i say it is sunday so i did not do much,,just feeling lazy,,,,here r some more pics

any one need some parts(sorry only in europe)

yeah i guess i should get some more tools tomorrow..also i think i will move it inside the other garage.starting to get a little cold......

[This message has been edited by ducattiman (edited 10-17-2004).]

ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post

ducattiman

674 posts
Member since Mar 2003
eh fetish it is called a Th325-4 4 speed auto,,out of a caddy,buick,olds,,,,from 1981 to 1985..scroll back to page 2 i think it explains it better...oh if u find 1 i will give u my rad out of my black beauty,,,because the notchie rad my friend riped it apart when he was towing me..

Fie royeah if u know the right people sure..but i dont and all the parts i ask for ,,the cost is retarted

4000 euro for a 3.4 dohc out of a 97 lum

3500 euro for a s2 3800sc

4500 euro for a vette LT1

oh come on,,,it is just sick,,,i am really getting to the point of sent money to darth through paypal,,so i know i can get it cheaper

jessesmith121

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jessesmith121Send a Private Message to jessesmith121Direct Link to This Post
ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2005 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post
HAHA BLING BLING IT'S ALIVE AND IT'S BACK
ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2005 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post

ducattiman

674 posts
Member since Mar 2003
i cant believe it,,i finally got 1.....it is a Thm 325 3 speed,,

here r some pics i took today

that is 1 big arse chain no way thats goning to break

PFF
System Bot
ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2005 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post

ducattiman

674 posts
Member since Mar 2003
and a few more pics of some of the other engines i am thinking about hehe

here is a neat little transmission i am thinking of using in a next project

finally i can get goining and start build the adaptor plate and then build mounts to get it on the sub frame

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post01-22-2005 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Not to hijack this thread, but...this guy came to my help big time...he gave me the front end panels of his donor Fiero to help repair tne damage done to the Fiero I sold...I cannot thank him enough....if I can help in any way, don't hesitate to ask, Derek..
and a big thank-you again
fierofetish

------------------
RESPONSIBILITY WILL SOLVE EVERYTHING.USE IT WISELY.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you found a place full of toys! Good to see some progress.....so whats up with that 3800sc?? any details? I am looking for one
ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post
what do u want to know??

it is all complete except the fan belt,,,,,u get the engine,ecm,wiring for very cheap,,,this guy has my business now

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
You got a PM
boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeDirect Link to This Post
*Bhump* Any progress on this beauty?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
yeah we need some buildup/mods/porting/adapterplate etc pics and stories..whatever youre doing
Does the V12 run on caffeine already?
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
I happened to see that transmission you took a picture of (the longitudinal FWD one) It looks like it is labelled "New Yorker", if so STAY AWAY from it for anything performance. At least in this country, those transmissions are notoriously bad in DaimlerChrysler (ok, just Chrysler back then) FWD applications, and regularly munch themselves!

Kurt

F86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2005 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F86GTSend a Private Message to F86GTDirect Link to This Post
We need an update! Any new things to report?
HellYes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2005 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HellYesSend a Private Message to HellYesDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

I happened to see that transmission you took a picture of (the longitudinal FWD one) It looks like it is labelled "New Yorker", if so STAY AWAY from it for anything performance. At least in this country, those transmissions are notoriously bad in DaimlerChrysler (ok, just Chrysler back then) FWD applications, and regularly munch themselves!

Kurt

That trans is a GM (BOP) trans. Nothing to do with chrysler, thank god. The 325 is really heavy, but otherwise a good trans.

I can see from the pics that it's a plain 325 3-speed, not the 4 speed, which is good. they made the drive chains a bit narrower on the THM325-4L to make room for the overdrive that was actually located under that back cover with the chains. If you had the overdrive you would need to look into getting a gear cut to replace the chains. Belt drive won't work on the 4L because the sprocket is an integral part of the overdrive assembly and cannot be removed.

Also, if you don't mind shipping parts to the states, contact www.gr8grip.com They quoted me $280 to fit it with a LSD. They will make it whatever you want from mild to basically locked posi. They need to work with your carrier to insure proper fit. If you plan to get the front wheels off the ground, this is a must.

[This message has been edited by HellYes (edited 03-24-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2005 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
The one he's using is a 325. The last one pictured is a Chrysler.

Bob

GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2005 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTSend a Private Message to GTDirect Link to This Post
Bump... how's this project coming along?
ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2005 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post
lol...so slow and hard..

what can i say but I OWN A FIERO.....enough said..

To tell u the truth.i was goning to give it up..just doing the math and stuff compared to the other engines on the market,,it was short lived..then a few weeks ago i went to the spl comp and was SO PROUD of my wife and there were a ton of people all around my car asking questions, and then out of the blue my wife stepped forward and said that we r goning to put a BMW V12 in there,,jaws dropped and funnyest thing was that she was even answering the questions people asked...now if u guys can give me 2 weeks more( i have to finish my H2 subs install for the meeting here in holland) i will have some gr8 updates..

ricreatr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2005 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ricreatrSend a Private Message to ricreatrDirect Link to This Post
taking time is no problem! (for a man with a v12!)

but if you post progress pictures the time will pass quicker for you!

HellYes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HellYesSend a Private Message to HellYesDirect Link to This Post
This is good. Get the wife interested so she can't shut you down when it starts costing lots of money.
netpro55

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2005 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for netpro55Click Here to visit netpro55's HomePageSend a Private Message to netpro55Direct Link to This Post
UPDATE PLEASE!
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2005 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I axiously await more from this one.

A bump for you.

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerDirect Link to This Post
Another bump! What's the latest?

Very cool project!!

captinhowdy83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2005 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for captinhowdy83Click Here to visit captinhowdy83's HomePageSend a Private Message to captinhowdy83Direct Link to This Post
ok im hooked i gata see the end result

------------------
Dustin Watson
1984 2m4 sport
om3ga83@yahoo.com
captinhowdy83@aim.com

1fastcaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fastcaddySend a Private Message to 1fastcaddyDirect Link to This Post
bump for the end of the year!

------------------
Soon to be custom port fuel injected with Megasquirt! 4.5l and th-440 And Im only 18. think about when Im 30!!

PFF
System Bot
beken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bekenSend a Private Message to bekenDirect Link to This Post
This is taking a long time but my curiosity has been aroused. Bumping it up
NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2006 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post
Ahem' (bump)? is this still a reality?
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
Bump for V12
ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post
Eh guys.as some know i stoped with the V12 and got side tracked on another project....

here is the trans sitting,,yes yes i know i made it to high but i did drop it 6 cm and the shafts line up better

Here is the other engine i was thinking about twin turbo 300ZX and the adaptor plates

pretty much all mocked up and sitting to high..lol

welli just ran head first in the wall...the main bearing caps r right dam smack in the way of the long half shaft..there is no way around it..so it is scraped so i am looking for another engine..maybe a 4.9 caddy or rover v8 would bolt right up to it..also looking at this pic a stretch fiero would be cool

befarrer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that sucks. There has to be a way around it though.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
I would like to see a mock up with the main cap interferance. With the raised centerline due to the flip, the axle probably needs to be centered below a main to clear the throws on the crankshaft.

Are you planning on a stock wheel base, or some kind of stretch? If you are going to stretch the wheel base 8"+ I might have the fix you are looking for.

ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2006 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post
guru here u go

as the pic above u see the block with no mains..so today i was at the shop cleaning the big mess that i made and i shot this pic..the cam sat where the knuckles should be and u can see that is it screwed

Allways looking for a fix but i dont need to stretch it any where near 8"...it will fit in a 3 to 4" stretch with the above pic ,just make a cylinder adaptor for the V12

now the engine is dead centre with the trans and the diff is fliped a prefect 180 no +/-

[This message has been edited by ducattiman (edited 03-12-2006).]

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Better bump this so it does not go in the archives
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
Not sure what your plans are for engine management, but you might want to check out this site:
http://www.naerc.com/html/ind_parts/engine_computers_wiring/index.cfm
One of the engine options for their kit cars is the bmw v12. They have wiring harnesses and such available. I don't know how much help it would be since it's not a fiero kit (it's a tube chassis), but it's worth looking into.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock