Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! by Fie Ro
Started on: 07-21-2003 07:25 AM
Replies: 610
Last post by: Fie Ro on 03-14-2009 06:03 PM
TaurusThug

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
bump...

so how are the scoops going?

------------------
'86 Fiero GT
My Fiero XoticRydz Mid-Rear Madness

Be Excellent To Each Other" - Bill S. Preston Esquire Ted Theadore Logan

IP: Logged
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Well tomorrow I guess! Got a day off I need some daylight and some space around the car so I can determine the right shape for the cut, then it will be done fast, I might have to build up a new edge but that isnt too hard to do....pics when I have them done
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
As promised:

Last check, a deep breath, njiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and it is done!

Theres just minor trimming required.

It flows much better with the lines too! And you cant see anymore it was a meecham-style scoop originally

------------------

1987 Fiero concept GTR in progress...
1969 Chevy Suburban

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
very nice change - I aprove
Car Michael

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car MichaelSend a Private Message to Car MichaelDirect Link to This Post
very creative work
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
now was it a mecham STYLE scoop or WAS it a mecham scoop... i think some people would kill if it was a mecham scoop. but either way its nice and does flow much better.

------------------
'86 Fiero GT
My Fiero XoticRydz Mid-Rear Madness

Be Excellent To Each Other" - Bill S. Preston Esquire Ted Theadore Logan

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I typed meecham-style so it is a copy. It is made of fiberglass unlike the originals which were made of a more flexible material (urethane?) if I recall right.

No need to kill me. please

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
...well, my psychoterrorist ordered me to stay away from my obsession for several...weeks...trying to cure the fiero disease... ..so within a few days I will be going to the opposite side of this planet for about a whole month (Whoohoo!!!)....some might call it a "loooong holiday"!

Still theres something to post today. Its strange too see how many mods take several months of work and others develop in just a few hours....

I went shopping for some materials for the interior today... It appears the hardware store has some new patterns of aluminium sheet-uh-metal so I got some to play with..

The left piece is for the interior...

...putting some thingies in some holes while some gears start turning.......................

This picture also came to mind during the process:

Some nice work that inspired to make a variation..!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
It ended up like this so far today:

...still no cutting or drilling of the original vent required...only some sanding I started with 120grit on my electric mouse-sander, it is rough but I liked the "metal-flake" kind of look...so I started to experiment So far I wetsanded some edges and one "slope" with 400grit and some parts of the vent with the 120 grit. I wonder how it will look after some clearcoat..:

Now I just got 2 associations with this thing.....apple G5 frontcover....and an electric razor
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:
and an electric razor

hahaha... certainly original

magot

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for magotSend a Private Message to magotDirect Link to This Post
man, nice tail lights, were did you get them??
PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
hey, i did something like that with my coupe, except i used perforated stainless steel. i did it because i wanted all the vents and scoops to match and i couldn't workout how to copy the slats on the side engine vents. thinking about doing my gt too but i'm hoping i can come up with a different idea.
DJWINNI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2005 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJWINNISend a Private Message to DJWINNIDirect Link to This Post
bump..

something new?

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2005 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
He's in New Zealand and I suppose didn't take his Fiero...

Originally posted by DJWINNI:

bump..

something new?

ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2005 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post
any one want his parts???

naahhhh i cant do that to him

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2005 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ducattiman:

any one want his parts???

naahhhh i cant do that to him

quick send me the bumpers - he has molds to make more right?

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2005 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
*Get a well deserved holiday and your car will be ripped apart in the meantime!! *

Oh well, before I went I glassed the car to the garage so you'll have to take that one too
I'll be back next week and then it is time to finish the body so its finally ready for paint....have to make some progress on the interior and during my holiday I have been sketching some ideas/mods for a new powerplant when all the cosmetic stuff is done....after all that I'll need a long holiday again..

------------------

1987 Fiero concept GTR in progress... body buildup interior buildup
1969 Chevy Suburban

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2005 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2005 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
That looks a lot better on the car than I thought it would. Leave 'em bare! The natural metal looks really good.

-Steven

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2005 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I'll sand it to bare metal and apply some clearcoat (because the rough surfaces easily pick up dirt). The ribs under the the mesh will stay black. When the clearcoat is done I will pop the mesh onto the original vent.....another angle of the testfit:
Key Of David

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2005 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Key Of DavidSend a Private Message to Key Of DavidDirect Link to This Post
Man you are showing awesome creativity in this project! Keep up the good work.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
86_FiErO_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2005 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_FiErO_GTClick Here to visit 86_FiErO_GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to 86_FiErO_GTDirect Link to This Post
Want to make me one of those rear bumbers? it looks sick i wanna get one on mine

------------------

1fastcaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fastcaddySend a Private Message to 1fastcaddyDirect Link to This Post
anything new? BUMP

------------------
Carbed 4.5l and 125c, made to be? And Im only 17. think about when Im 30!!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Yes its my birthday today! I am a Valentine
Most of the work goes into the interior right now (see link in sign). I need some better weather for bodywork but I am doing some work to both vents and the triangle/mirror thingie...as always I will post update pics when I have them

------------------

1987 Fiero concept GTR in progress... body buildup interior buildup
1969 Chevy Suburban

Carswell...Wellscar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carswell...WellscarSend a Private Message to Carswell...WellscarDirect Link to This Post
I have been following both your builds and i think they are great and make me want to try something like that when i can find the time .. keep the up the good work ! can't wait to see the finish product !!
but have one question lol ..

what is this :

Was just curious seeing this and it just made me laugh
Matt

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carswell...Wellscar:

I have been following both your builds and i think they are great and make me want to try something like that when i can find the time .. keep the up the good work ! can't wait to see the finish product !!
but have one question lol ..

what is this :

Was just curious seeing this and it just made me laugh
Matt

its TAZ

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Yeah thats Taz, he likes to yell at all the cars I leave behind! But he's asleep in that pic...

It was indeed time to check/do some bodywork...washed several months of winter driving from the car yesterday and this afternoon I went to my carclub's garage to do some prepping. Its heated and has carlifts, just what I needed and what I dont have at my place...managed to work on several bits of the detailwork...some overall impression pics:
Its gonna be mean when its done and painted!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Tomorrow I hope to close the deal with my new engine project.... It will be phase 3 on this project 1=body 2=interior....but I also need to lower the rear about another 1/2 inch, the front needs alignment anyway after the damage last year. I want to go coilover in the rear sometime but theres lots of other work to do so I will just cut another piece of the lowering springs and get a realignment, it still is a daily driver so it needs some care

aka lazy bump

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
so when are you sending me a copy of your nose for my notchy?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Which one of my noses do you want? One needs some finishing and detailing, the other one is a bit off-center since I had my accident years ago I smell the first one lol
...got to finish it all together first before offering crap that may not match..one step at a time..got to get it right first.
thanks for the support
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
I tried to send you a PM, but it didn't go through. Check your email!
--Bryson

------------------
88 Fiero GT Quad4 Turbo =) 396 whp!

PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
you got a reply... and I cleaned up my pm box, might work
...right now I dont have usefull molds because the shape is still changing, the car itself will be the final mold...for example, the rearbumper is a combination of about 7 pieces (gave me the ability to adjust a little during buildup) but too much work as a kit to get a final piece...if theres serious interest in parts I will have professional molds made and sell those after it is all done and painted... Remind the shorter nose needs some cutting of the front frame for clearance of the lights (its not much)

oh, dont forget to check my "got an engine" thread Its never finished
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/049515.html

ricreatr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ricreatrSend a Private Message to ricreatrDirect Link to This Post
oh there's serious intrest all right!
cutting the nose would is something i have wanted to do for a long time!
ricreatr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2005 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ricreatrSend a Private Message to ricreatrDirect Link to This Post
bump.
more?
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2005 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
i would LOVE to have this nose for my notchy

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2005 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
I think the nose goes really well with the notchbacks and the fastbacks -- if you can make these (and somehow ship them to the states) at a reasonable price, I'm sure you could make some money!
--Bryson
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2005 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
...this needs some updating..lol... Something is getting in the way to get the body done....

But since thats only "phase 3".... I'll try to get phase 1 *bodywork+paint* done first...

The hoodscoop is getting the Fie Ro/Yellowstone treatment:

Howto is here

------------------

1987 Fiero concept GTR in progress... 1-body buildup 2-interior buildup 3-engine buildup

1969 Chevy Suburban

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2005 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
...Somehow I kinda 'lost' the rear "cap" section of one of the M3 rockers...must have hit a curb or something...took it off for repairs and other reinforcements where needed...theres a lot of corrections to do to most of 'my learning curve'...but this one is almost ready to go:

..3D striping..no stickers
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
I just can't wait for you to make a mold - then paint it

matt 84 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for matt 84 2m4Send a Private Message to matt 84 2m4Direct Link to This Post
My god I love that front bumper it looks so good on the fiero!
super good work Fie Ro.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock