Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! (Page 15)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! by Fie Ro
Started on: 07-21-2003 07:25 AM
Replies: 610
Last post by: Fie Ro on 03-14-2009 06:03 PM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
You will find that you'll need to move the lights forward 1-2 cm for the headlight doors to close fully.

It's possible to get the plug for the parking lights from Hella but I'll just use small individual crimp-om connectors...

For the unused holes: I just got 2 more of the adjuster screws and have one in each hole. Looks better....

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

hey Kolja, I used a grinder and my powerfile for that, and some finishing with a handfile...just using the basic tools I have and make the best of it. The lights are just mounted how I like them but I have not fitted them yet.... looks I have to be careful and change position, how much do the housings stick out with yours ?
btw what kind of connector is used for the parking lights? Still need those.
I got an idea for the unused holes:

IP: Logged
shermdizzle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shermdizzleClick Here to visit shermdizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to shermdizzleDirect Link to This Post
few questions...what kind of side skirts are those, where can i get them, how much, and how easy/difficult to put on
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
They are by dietmar and are no longer in production but may be again, check the link someone sent you in your other thread.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shermdizzle:
few questions...what kind of side skirts are those, where can i get them, how much, and how easy/difficult to put on

The sideskirts are universal M3 style skirts cut to length and molded to the original (GT) skirts. You need to do some fiberglassing and fabricate custom endcaps so its not a bolt-on piece. the universal sideskirts shouldnt be hard to find though...pm replied also

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:
They are by dietmar and are no longer in production but may be again, check the link someone sent you in your other thread.

No, dietmar's sideskirts (and sidescoops) are different from mine but I like them too !

shermdizzle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shermdizzleClick Here to visit shermdizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to shermdizzleDirect Link to This Post
how did you remove the ribs from the scoop?
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2007 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Fie RO, could you post a new series of updated pics of your car inside and out?
Your car is one of my favorites and I'd love to see the current state of things.

-M
timgray

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2007 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mtownfiero:

The front end reminds me a lot of the new mitsubishi evo with the way the lights and stuff are. Looks good

Noo, that front end is way more classy than any Mitsu. That looks like an Aston Martin nose. From the right angle it looks like a car you'd expect to see in a James bond movie being driven by bond himself.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timgray:
Noo, that front end is way more classy than any Mitsu. That looks like an Aston Martin nose. From the right angle it looks like a car you'd expect to see in a James bond movie being driven by bond himself.

thanks ! Actually thats the comment I get often (if lucky), I rather have it compared to an aston (must be partly the paint choice and mesh setup too) than a wannabe ferrari nose or something..when I started building it I wanted it to look different than a straight copy of something (which is hard because you will compare it anyway)..tried to use a blend of different nice designs to something that would fit my "updated fiero" ideas at that time..

Originally posted by Austrian Import:
Fie RO, could you post a new series of updated pics of your car inside and out?
Your car is one of my favorites and I'd love to see the current state of things.
-M

Well, it hasnt been out of the garage since last winter and currently it is in a state of surgery it sits on stands and I removed the V6 and parts of the suspension. Everything that will go back will be cleaned, painted or replaced by something better. I will post some progress and ideas soon

btw hate to say but no progress on the interior

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Forgot to ask: With your style hood scoop, the roof glass still fits in the front trunk, correct?

-M
timgray

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post
Gotta love the completely origional fiero changes

Awesome work, let me know if you ever start selling that nose.

[This message has been edited by timgray (edited 09-13-2007).]

DESTOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DESTOSSend a Private Message to DESTOSDirect Link to This Post
I hope you decide to get a mold of that nose sometime down the road. I would love to have that.
PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2007 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Forgot to ask: With your style hood scoop, the roof glass still fits in the front trunk, correct?
-M

correct. I pretty maxed out the available space without needing to cut the front trunk. The ability to store the sunroof is a must

One thing that has become a project of its own are the headlights..
I am doing a dual 90mm Hella setup with Fiero1fan's brackets. I already mounted white leds and custom made guard to these brackets (see bottom of page 14) Looking under the hood at their new location I decided to also cleanup and repaint the motor/brackets and front frame metal. Got the expensive hella connectors and they were dissapointing, not even weatherproof connectors...so I build my own, crimped/soldered/shrinksleeved together with braided wiring

One of the details is a small adjuster to hold and secure the wires...first version was a one piece aluminium strip with a tiewrap around the center (lengthwise), this second version works better

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Are you using just the Hella projectors or the Hella HID's for the low beams?

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Are you using just the Hella projectors or the Hella HID's for the low beams?

For now the Hella projectors, I have looked into HID conversions but first I will try these.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
I find myself redoing almost everything under the front hood since dealing with the lights / front-battery and some other stuff Cleaned, sealed and repainted the exposed sheetmetal and frame, also disassembled, cleaned and painted stuff like the radiator brackets and parts

This is a set of catchcans which I may all use

- enginebay coolant filling point
- enginebay intercooler filling / breather
- front overflow tank replacement

Finished Koni's with Held coilovers for the rear
SandstormGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2007 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SandstormGTSend a Private Message to SandstormGTDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I haven't been on here in years, I was following your build along time ago, glad to see you are still at it, I have always respected the amount of work you put into your car, keep it up!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Bump for the newbies
rooster1012

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rooster1012Send a Private Message to rooster1012Direct Link to This Post
I know everyone keeps saying it, and I am new around here, but once again, BEAUTIFUL car. Hats off to all the craftsmanship and eye for what looks great and just plain works.

------------------
ROOSTER \m/

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Great car!! OH, thanx for doing this too.......hehe....

edit: Note to self, read all of the pages first!
------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 01-13-2008).]

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerDirect Link to This Post
Your attention to detail is inspiring!

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Thanks !
Here are some details for the trunk.

PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Fie RO - the master at teaser shots..
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2008 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
This a "Can't wait" Bump!!!

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 03-18-2008).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
Sure is one good looking car.
my-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroDirect Link to This Post
UPDATES??

------------------
Fiero GT 1988 2.8V6
Fiero GT 1987 3.4V6 T-top in progress
Buick roadmaster 1956 5.3V8

my_fiero@hotmail.com
www.my-fiero.com

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Weatherproof Leds:

Boy are you good with fiberglass. Very nice work! Where did yo get these LEDs? Thanks.
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2008 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Come on Rod....updates??
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2008 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Holy CRAP! I LOVE seeing new projects on here! I've been gone for quite a while and recently came back, and this is the first I've seen of your car.

I love what you've done with it! Your eye for detail and skill at accomplishing it are amazing!

Here's a thought for your mirrors though... There is a place that makes chrome paint... http://www.alsacorp.com/ http://www.alsacorp.com/pro...rome/mirrachrome.htm

It's a multi-step process and it's rather expensive, but it totally looks like chrome when done properly, but without the maintenance.

Good luck on the rest of your project, and I hope you decide to produce that front bumper!!

~M

------------------
~Michael

Concept page - http://www.michael-blue.com/IndyIMSA.htm
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!! - "Your mileage may vary."

Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
any way of getting a set of tem gt vents?? they look amazing
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
any updates?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I have some small updates....

I have several little projects and some are coming to an end but it still takes more time/parts/tools to put the puzzle together....I found my "missing link" tool but there is already 5 months of delay in the delivery ....I really need it for making some essential parts.

So far it is a mix of finished / not finished

Finished items for the rear trunk

Some front restoration parts
PFF
System Bot
Jakezilla3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakezilla3Send a Private Message to Jakezilla3Direct Link to This Post
You are a visionary Fie Ro. Your vehicle is amazing and I am still flabbergasted that you have done so much work on it and still used it as a daily driver.

I felt the need to finally chime in because no one else has said anything about the GTR that magically appeared between the tail lights, whats the story on that? And we want more pictures

------------------
88 Fiero Formula V6 auto
99 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
99 Nissan Sentra 1.6L 5speed

Albert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2008 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlbertSend a Private Message to AlbertDirect Link to This Post
Bump

Ro show some new pictures!

Are you also going to Muiden this year with the GTR?
Sphynx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SphynxSend a Private Message to SphynxDirect Link to This Post
Any new pictures? Winter's almost here!
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamDirect Link to This Post

No, dietmar's sideskirts (and sidescoops) are different from mine but I like them too !

bump cause this is my most favorite fiero ever!

. . .i like it so much that i even saved it as my screen saver on my work computer.

[This message has been edited by JennsDream (edited 11-12-2008).]

Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinDirect Link to This Post
How is the SC 3.8 coming? Actually just a bump for my favorite car.
Think of the profit you could make by suppling us with copies of your modes.... The front bumper should come first.
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
Updates?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Well, theres a lot of boring underbody work to do : with most of the suspension removed I started to clean up and recoat the underbody, even in spaces you will never see ...with small steps because theres only about 1 feet of space to work under...

Of course first a cradle nut had to spin sometime...

This is the first time I used my $50 arc welder and my limited welding skills on my Fiero...used a piece of scrap metal

On purpose I used a longer bar; if it ever separates from the framerail again it will jam on the framerail sidewalls (welded it to the framerail after this pic)

coverup

I spent a lot of time in cleaning up stock parts and make them look like new.

installing the first front suspension parts

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
My old front koni's still work well but they will be replaced by new ones

when I took off the front swaybar 2 bolts snapped and they caused a lot of trouble, I burned and snapped a few drillbits on those, then I drilled new holes next to them (the new swaybar mountholes are longer and allow relocation) and tapped them. I am using 10.9 grade bolts now (actually these are 2.8 exhaust manifold bolts I never used) . More stuff added

Last week I made the bracket for the front mounted alternator on the L67. Turned the upper mount spacer on my little machine

Recycling something that was used to mount a tv to a wall

GeorgeGT85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeorgeGT85Click Here to visit GeorgeGT85's HomePageSend a Private Message to GeorgeGT85Direct Link to This Post
Ik hoop dat ik je Fiero straks eens in het echt kan bewonderen!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock