Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! (Page 12)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! by Fie Ro
Started on: 07-21-2003 07:25 AM
Replies: 610
Last post by: Fie Ro on 03-14-2009 06:03 PM
HI-TECH

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2005 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post
....i'm speachless.... there gonna be a mold of that front bumper any time soon ...i'm gonna go change my underware now
IP: Logged
metoady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2005 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for metoadyClick Here to visit metoady's HomePageSend a Private Message to metoadyDirect Link to This Post
what do the tail lights belong to
just wondering???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The voices in my head may not be real....
but they have some good ideas !!!!!!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2005 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Honda prelude 97-00
Got the chromed altezzas about 3 years ago...but its way too rice/common right now, luckily the new CF version blends way better with the new paint.

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2005 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
WOW.... once that engine is in..... holy cow..... Well when me and my girlfriend make our trip to Europe in the next yr or so.. TELL me i can see, ride in (and possibly drive ) your car!!

------------------

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050262.html "Ritalin"
http://bobadoofunk.deviantart.com/gallery/ <-- To See My Online Art Gallery

Carswell...Wellscar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2005 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carswell...WellscarSend a Private Message to Carswell...WellscarDirect Link to This Post
hey been watching your thread ever since i first saw it ..wow ..just wow ..i wish i could do what you do ..i would say ..looks very professional ..and your car looks great..maybe i can come see your car too if i'm over visiting my family in holland ..and then go down to switzerland where i'm from ..too bad you didn't live in north america ..you could sell your designs ..anyways i had a question about your rims ..i really like them ..what they ..and i know your busy on the exterior ..i just can't wait for your finished interior too ..good luck and keep the pics coming

matt

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2005 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Wow.. car looks great!

Only thing I don't like is the screen in the mustang scoop. It just doesn't look right. Maybe its cause it fits like ass, or could be the angle, I dunno. The pic of the tail light just above this post, without the screen in yet, looks much better imho. The rest of the car is amazing..

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 11-05-2005).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Carswell: they are Lenso Concept Five...but there are more brands like Racing Hart C5 in the US...I have them for about 5 years but they still look good on a fiero.
Jncomutt: you are right about the grill, but its sitting only on a piece of wood in the last pic I still have to fab a bracket and frame to get it properly mounted.....it should look better then...or it has to go!
The front sidegrills are sitting tight in place now:

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
I am spending most of the time cleaning non painted parts...old primer overspray, sanding dust, dirt, its pretty dirty... also decided today to redo the ventbrackets:

relocated the licenseplate under the bumper, looks slightly better now
matchmade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for matchmadeSend a Private Message to matchmadeDirect Link to This Post
Your eye and attention to detail are astounding. Many of the fieros we see on this forum are beautiful custom cars, but yours is one of the few I would call a work of art. Looking forward to seeing it completely done.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Ah sir, could you show a "straight-on" shot from the rear please. I'm old and my neck and eyes hurt trying to see it, hehe. Add a panarama view. Add a girl standing next too it.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-06-2005).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Next time I go over to Roderick (Fie Ro) I take my wife :-) Now his Fiero is worthy!

But Bikini weather is over, I guess...

j/k

Originally posted by madcurl:

Ah sir, could you show a "straight-on" shot from the rear please. I'm old and my neck and eyes hurt trying to see it, hehe. Add a panarama view. Add a girl standing next too it.

PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Lol..thank you mr. Curl, we try to incorporate your wishes into the upcoming photoshoots ! Looks theres already a solution for your last request :

Originally posted by yellowstone:
Next time I go over to Roderick (Fie Ro) I take my wife :-) Now his Fiero is worthy!
But Bikini weather is over, I guess...
j/k

Sorry, painter said no clothes on fresh paint allowed, only warm skin

Albert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlbertSend a Private Message to AlbertDirect Link to This Post
Amazing paint job Roderick. I love to see it close up.

Grtz Albert

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Dirty bastard. See, once the car looks halfway decent, the guy starts to get uppity... :-)

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Sorry, painter said no clothes on fresh paint allowed, only warm skin

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Hi Albert, you are close enough to have a look Or maybe we could plan a small meeting at Veenendaal (again) if more people would like a meeting before winter sets in...

Originally posted by yellowstone:
Dirty bastard. See, once the car looks halfway decent, the guy starts to get uppity... :-)

Yeah I am working on my attitude too! but I am not the one exploiting his wife

got this straight-on shot today for you:
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
The new tail lights look real good. They also match the car better.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 11-07-2005).]

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroDirect Link to This Post
Damn. I'll take a Fie Ro body kit any day. It would look absolutely stunning with a Pontiac arrowhead right where the front plate is for us in the States.

How about some high-res wallpaper pics

------------------

My Web page | The Turbo Super Duty Build.
You know that little voice that says it can't be done? I duct-taped mine's mouth shut and pushed it down a flight of stairs.

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
sweet ! now just add that BIG rice wing and your all set !!! j/k

I am finding that a nice sliver type of paint is a very nice touch for the highlites/ accents. There is so much alum. on the engine for "just a good polishing" not paint is all that is needed. take that paint off some parts and you will see

OR

Use your own judgement ( seems to be very good so far)

Oh and I hope some of the "filler" doesn't crack when you add the real motor in there no fun redoing that after the paint is on there
------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 11-07-2005).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
Fie Ro, can you e-mail me high res pix of your car..? Psychosk8er123@juno.com
i need a new backround, and when i go home i have Photoshop CS2 waiting for me.. so i need a beauty to make a backround of
kmerkle01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmerkle01Send a Private Message to kmerkle01Direct Link to This Post
unbelievable job on this car man a+++++++++++++++++++ my second favorite fiero, sorry madcurls takes the cake
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kmerkle01:

unbelievable job on this car man a+++++++++++++++++++ my second favorite fiero, sorry madcurls takes the cake

Yeah but he's got so many which one you talking about hehehe ?

PFF
System Bot
Momba2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2005 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Momba2Send a Private Message to Momba2Direct Link to This Post
A little new here: Keep seeing references to Madcurls car. Can someone post a pic(s)? I would like to see just what it looks like! Thanks, M.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2005 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Momba2:

A little new here: Keep seeing references to Madcurls car. Can someone post a pic(s)? I would like to see just what it looks like! Thanks, M.

edit: PLEASE
NOT IN THIS THREAD !!!

Do a search for his car. don't ruin this thread with someone elses car! ( no offence curly)

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 11-08-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2005 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Excellent job. The tail-lamps look 100% better than the other ones.
Carswell...Wellscar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2005 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carswell...WellscarSend a Private Message to Carswell...WellscarDirect Link to This Post
oh yes some hi res pics would be nice to have some too ..i'll PM you my email too

thanks
matt and what a great car ..as i said before
question ..how much was the paintjob if you don't mind me asking

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2005 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Lol...I wouldnt dare challenging Madcurl....no chance at all. ..when I started some years ago I just wanted to change some body pieces and it developed to what it is today....but it could always be better! It takes a lot of time to get it done and new ideas come faster than the hands can do...so I love to see all the cool choptop and widebody stuff and other projects people are doing on this forum....!

For those who wanted hires pics: thanks a lot for your interest, but give me a week or so to get some better pics... I looked over my original pics but its all unfinished buildup stuff while I am still working to finish it..so its still changing. Did some work this afternoon: removed the right side rocker and sidescoop for better alignment and getting some mesh in there

The outer dew wipes were severely cracked, dirty and ugly as........finally got them replaced today. This door has looked like this for about a month before taking care...other priorities

GM replacement wipes look way better

I read the dew wipe tips and made some tool to get to the infamous unreachable screws of the dew wipes but most of em were pretty rusted stuck..junk...drilling out the window stops etc and removing the glass to gain access wouldnt solve the problem so I ended up using a chisel to knock the old wipe screws off....it was a pretty bloody fight but I finally won! hehe..It should look better after this.

I wear pants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2005 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I wear pantsSend a Private Message to I wear pantsDirect Link to This Post
I just looked through your thread for the first time. I must have spent atleast an hour browsing through it! Your car looks great, I like the way you have boldly gone where no man has gone before. Those were some pretty inovative mods. Major plus for you.

[This message has been edited by I wear pants (edited 11-09-2005).]

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2005 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastIndyFiero:

Damn. I'll take a Fie Ro body kit any day. It would look absolutely stunning with a Pontiac arrowhead right where the front plate is for us in the States.

How about some high-res wallpaper pics

------------------

+ an 88 Caprice 9C1 Police Package
--Adam--
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

eh - not a fan..

i think the ONLY thing i would consider changing with his nose would be to make it match up withthe stock rockers panels a bit more - other than that i'd say its perfect

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2005 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Roderick, did you see that "our" hood scoop is now painted and installed? :-)

87SEV6Reborn05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87SEV6Reborn05Send a Private Message to 87SEV6Reborn05Direct Link to This Post
WOW, I'm new to fiero but have always longed for one and to have a beautiful rebody kit and you have done an awesome job with your car. You mentioned early on when you were producing your nose about hmmmm maybe selling some?? Have you thought any more about that or did I skip over it in anticipation of seeing more pics of the car....Great work
PFF
System Bot
ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroDirect Link to This Post
I finally got a chance to read this thread from start to finish.
Good job.
I truly respect the time/creativity/Effort involved in everything you did to your car.

------------------

1985 2m4
Saskatoon, Sask Canada
Visit the Saskatoon Fiero Club Website at
http://www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/
Come chat with us at our Forum
http://saskfiero.suddenlaunch.com/

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87SEV6Reborn05:
WOW, I'm new to fiero but have always longed for one and to have a beautiful rebody kit and you have done an awesome job with your car. You mentioned early on when you were producing your nose about hmmmm maybe selling some?? Have you thought any more about that or did I skip over it in anticipation of seeing more pics of the car....Great work

Thank you..I am not sure yet about producing the nose, it needs to be molded from the car because a lot of changes were made during buildup, also it would require enough serious interest to justify putting extra work and money in a good product...right now I want to finish other stuff first.

I might as well do some updates now....it got hit at the driverside 3 weeks after painting, heres what happened. I found out later the frame had a dent, already knew the scoop was cracked everywhere.

almost redone

Got the side repainted 2 weeks ago. 10 minutes after I left the painter I went for gas. Some old guy got in reverse and.... kept....backing up! You must be f****** kidding me! so he hit my frontbumper but it went slow and I didnt found damage.....must be a spell! better news next post

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
after christmas I wanted to do some easily rewarding job to keep me a little busy but not frozen in the garage...this scrapped aluminium profile is a nice mold for a basic shape of a CF doorsill. First mod of 2006

I pulled the first piece in 2005-12-31 and the second in 2006-01-01

I mirrored the weaving on the other piece for a balanced look (details...details..lol) Once the first piece is trimmed its easier to cut the second. I want to put some graphics there because the body is completely shaved from emblems and logo's and this is a nice way to show or hide them. I ditched all my fancy logo designs and may just go with a nice font. I think I will have to take an eps file to a shop that can cut the letters from vinyl.

after that it will need a clearcoat to bring up the shine!
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Man you are having a run of rotten luck!!! Maybe you should hire a couple of guys to drive around in front of and in back of you to warn everyone that your car is close.
Albert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlbertSend a Private Message to AlbertDirect Link to This Post
Hi Roderick,
Happy new year... even with the damaged car.

I saw the pics and that gave me a sad feeling.

I read that you refurbished your steering rack a few times so my question is can you give me some advice (or help) for mine?
I also still have to make an appointment with you to see the car.. Maybe it's a good idea to wait till it's painted again.
I will be back in Holland the first weekend of feb.

grtz Albert

Custom88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2006 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom88Send a Private Message to Custom88Direct Link to This Post
Are you willing to tell what brand of resin you used? I tried my hand at covering a couple pieces with CF and it came out looking yellowed and horrible from the resin and my lack of experience.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2006 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Albert: hi! Send me an email when your back and having time... I think you ment steering 'column' ? Of course I want to help to rebuild it, you might need to borrow the right steeringwheel puller though. I made one from scratch but its different because my steeringwheel is different. btw the fiero is already back on the road

Custom88: did you use the resin with the pink hardener? That turns a bit yellow when cured. I use resin from a local brand fiberglass supplier and MEK (methyl ethyl ketone ) hardener. The resin is blueish but turns colorless when cured. I first lay the CF in place and then the mixed resin over it and work it to the sides..these are some nice tools to get all the airbubbles out:

BITBYFIEROBUG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BITBYFIEROBUGSend a Private Message to BITBYFIEROBUGDirect Link to This Post
What ever happened with the dash build-up thread?

------------------
Live Like You Were Dying

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

One of the most creative minds on the forum.

His skills are not bad either.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock