Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! (Page 10)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! by Fie Ro
Started on: 07-21-2003 07:25 AM
Replies: 610
Last post by: Fie Ro on 03-14-2009 06:03 PM
Fie Ro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2005 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Well I just got a call from the painter.
They had some delays this week but he said most of the panels are done....so I'm invited to take a look tomorrow and to put some parts back on... its getting pretty exciting now I am sooo curious how the paint and finish turns out...Appearantly the bumpers were a lot of work though (as expected) and they went back 3 times for primer and sanding ...I expected worse news though....they have to deal with my learning curve of backyard fiberglassing but so far so good I hope..I'm gonna check it tomorrow!

Heres my daily driver this week:

tubular frame, 28" wheels, 1/140hp and environmental friendly....and all that fresh air when driving it

IP: Logged
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2005 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Fie Ro.. I swear... I love to hate you.. I am just wizing myself right now just thinking about how its going to look.. I have said this before, I am not that biggest fan of fastbacks, but yours just makes me wonder... I hope it turns out 1000X better then you think. You just need to move to North America now.. haha

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2005 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Spy pics!.....
So today was the first time I saw the paint and finish of some of the parts....WOOHOOO!!! Its a great job theyre doing, no doubt! I mounted the hoods, taillights and fenders today, it is a gunmetal color with a hint of olive green and its just what I had in mind its hard to capture the color on camera but here you go:

------------------

1987GT getting 'concept GTR' treatment...1-body buildup 2-interior buildup 3-engine buildup

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 10-22-2005).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2005 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001

I am sure now, I want to replace the lights for something less shiny sometime soon:

Disillusion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2005 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DisillusionSend a Private Message to DisillusionDirect Link to This Post
Wow. All i can say is wow, thats going to look amazing. Love the choice of colour, I've been wanting to paint my car a very similar colour for the longest time. Can't wait to see it with front and rear fascia's back on and the differen't tail lights. You must feel like a little kid on christmas eve waiting to get it back
Mombatoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2005 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MombatooSend a Private Message to MombatooDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely go with less shiny on the taillights.... What you show as a sample I think is perfect! Watching this thread for quite sometime, it's better than a suspense novel! Can't wait for each day to see what kind of plot twist there has been.... This is a show winner for sure!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2005 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I guess its a bit like a novel, ..I just think its more fun to share little progress than keeping it secret untill the end... With this little "diary" I hope to encourage people to do their thing their own way...and to be honest, the support from this forum kept me going too! Thanks... These guys were working on the bumpers and trim pieces today:

They feel smooooth!( my bodywork pieces ) I could never have done it like that. They put a lot of work into it. More on this story coming up..one of these days..
hoing_ya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2005 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hoing_yaSend a Private Message to hoing_yaDirect Link to This Post
Bump for an insane looking fiero, and alot of hard work
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2005 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Did some work on the decklid vents. I decided its just easier to paint them than more and more wetsanding. But first getting the grills ready:

I hope its not too much bling but we'll see...

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 10-23-2005).]

hoing_ya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2005 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hoing_yaSend a Private Message to hoing_yaDirect Link to This Post
Not that this competes with yours, but heres a pic of my Car! http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c363/hoing_ya/Picture027.jpg
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hoing_ya:
Not that this competes with yours, but heres a pic of my Car! http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c363/hoing_ya/Picture027.jpg

The car looks awesome! Just a couple problems with the pic though... Need to have more, need to have a cool background, needs one or more girlies, get rid of the dork in the drivers seat!

PFF
System Bot
hoing_ya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hoing_yaSend a Private Message to hoing_yaDirect Link to This Post
HEY! im the dork in the driver seat, HAHAHA, yea i had a guy from the forum make me a sig, now i gotta find a way to post it, i have no idea how to post it. i am tinted out in it hahaha and there is a gurl in it, hahaha, the disrespect is not appreciated... just kiddin
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Yeah I would be the guy that tinted out the dork in his sig ,

Hey Fie-Ro

What do you think about this... That rear is how I am going to make mine.. I made that a while back. I just didn't want my exhaust out the classic way, so my trunk is being removed to fit these... Lemme know ur thoughts, as it is/was your car in the pic !

fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
to post your sig you need to first download pennocks image poster... theres a link on the bottom of almost any page on the forum for it, its that blue button thingy. From there you need to follow the directions and oyu should be able to figure it out.

Fie Ro, your car looks incredible, what a nice job you did with customizing the exterior. I'd give you a plus but i allready did!

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Wow even down to the injectors!!! I have more pics of MY engine if you need more Ideas And now the paint !???!!!!! Yes I even have a green tint added as well.
Should I take a few pics of my interior color set-up for ya as well?!?!

Just let me know what other pics you need to look at so you can be just like me!! Sorry the flames are a one of a kind anyway!

You know I am only joking with ya! The car is really starting to take shape ( and color) Even though the mellow yellowish color was kinda growing on me......

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm, shut up Revin
Maybe I should stop posting these ideas for you You changed your dressup after seeing my pics I want an intercooler on this engine......next you say you'll be doing that too?!!
On a positive way, great minds must think alike

custom2m4: have a go at it!
Are these 6" tips?

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

I want an intercooler on this engine......next you say you'll be doing that too?!!
On a positive way, great minds must think alike

Funny you say that...I just won a new one off ebay last week ! huh BEFORE I saw you were getting one ( or thinking of one) NOW let's see who has theirs on first!

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
hey thats not a fair comparison since you are still in the states :P

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
ok FINE I am a fair man....I will wait 1 month( and 1 day for the time diff. ) till I start ripping into my already running motor.

I lie....I want to "play" a bit with this intercooler. maybe some porting / smoothing / shining.

Oh and I did not paint my blower just shined up that pretty Alum. , a bit of sealent and wham !

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I've been looking for a used intercooler setup for some time but some guy called "fastfieros" keeps snatching them ...I smell a conspiracy!
If I cant find one I'll add it to my zzp shoppinglist (and pay 25% tax over parts+shipping) But I'll take the time because I dont feel like competing..lol (because I would lose)

Ok, I am off now to scrape the paint of the blower and polish it like yours..

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by revin:
I lie....I want to "play" a bit with this intercooler. maybe some porting / smoothing / shining.

Theres some thin metal webbing in the middle of the intercooler that blocks the air form the supercharger. When you cut all that out it will improve airflow.

PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
update...
I had some spare time today so I went to take a look at the new painted parts and geting them on the car...put the windshield/sunroof rubbers in place (the interior is pretty soaked by yesterdays weather ). Almost all parts are painted, just some minor touchup in a few places. If they or I find some issue they take care of it...! Rearbumper installed:

frontbumper...some dirty work on the back:

frontbumper...blingbling on the front:

------------------

1987GT getting 'concept GTR' treatment...1-body buildup 2-interior buildup 3-engine buildup

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Why worry about the FRONT end?

With the 3800sc all they will see is the tail lights !! so worry about the looks of that !

p.s. I cut out that center piece you told me about on the IC , seems to flow much better now !

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

frontbumper...blingbling on the front:

oh you evil evil man

*DROOL*

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:
Why worry about the FRONT end?
With the 3800sc all they will see is the tail lights !! so worry about the looks of that !

I have a crappy short video how it looks today, the old 2.8 (and no muffler) clipped the sound though ...whats easiest to have it hosted and linked? its 1.7mb

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:
www.putfile.com

Thanks, thats what i was looking for!
http://media.putfile.com/hostingpy-vid-of-rear
I am not worried about the lights because its pretty easy to change to a different looking set..but first I will put all the pieces of the puzzle together and then see what needs attention. (btw Revin this vid was taken shortly before a drive around the block, with no front and sideskirts/scoops so people only got to see the rear )

sidescoop:

close-up

all parts are pretty dusty but it hardly shows...lol..headlightdoors back in place:

shaved the -pontiac- from the headlight door already a long time ago...
I am still debating on using a custom logo, a pontiac reference or just no signs at all..

GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKDirect Link to This Post
You're really trying hard for the "Best Fiero in the World" award, huh? I like it. Big thumbs up from me!

It's looking really good clean as it is now. But, on the other hand, one Fiero emblem between the tailights or in the center of the grill could be really classy and exotic-looking. It would bring the look of the car together IMHO.

GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKDirect Link to This Post

GonsaiPK

367 posts
Member since Sep 2003
Kinda Ferrari-esque. I dunno if you want to use their signature feature though.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GonsaiPK:

I like that!.. I figured a fiero emblem wouldnt be suitable after all the mods and butchering it, but I would be proud having it there...

el_roy1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for el_roy1985Send a Private Message to el_roy1985Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, I can't wait to see this thing all put together. This has been one of my favorite threads to watch for a long time
PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Fie Ro, after all the work you've put into this car, you deserve to have your own Logo. People won't believe it's a Fiero anyway, and since you created this masterpiece, it needs to have that finishing touch that identifies you as the creator. Not a knock off of a Fiero emblem, or a Ferrari emblem, but something as distinct as the car.
Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
good god... this guy is nuts... how much do i have to pay have him work on my car... geeze... nice work Fie Ro... your car is awsome... i can't wait to see the final product... keep at it.

------------------

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GonsaiPK:

reminds me more of an aston martin than a ferrari

either way its HOT

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Yeah esp. the upper intake was inspired by an Aston Martin...I tried to mix several ideas ....and I just ordered a set of these 5 minutes ago! Its a go :
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Wow - that looks just awesome! I'm really looking forward to seeing it completed... it's going to be a stunning car!

any thoughts about making reproductions of the fasicas? I'm still interested in the rear!

Oh yeah - as for a grill emblem, you should do what Yellowstone did with his "Christmas Ornament" from the Fierostore! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20050818-1-048853.html

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 10-27-2005).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
yes I remember Yellowstone's, but I already have 2 spare badges to try out first, one is a silver "Fiero GT" badge but its a little bent, the other one is a gold "Fiero" badge...I will try them later. Saturday I hope most of the work is done so I can take the Fiero back home and do some more work

About reproducing parts; First I want to see how everything looks when its complete. If theres enough interest new (professional) molds could be made maybe but it would require lots of extra work and cash...The reardiffuser should blend with stock fiero bodies but the nose requires some extra work and lower sideskirts to match the lines..

edit: add, Yellowstone's has just the right color and appearance...hmmm!

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 10-27-2005).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2005 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

About reproducing parts; First I want to see how everything looks when its complete. If theres enough interest new (professional) molds could be made maybe but it would require lots of extra work and cash...The reardiffuser should blend with stock fiero bodies but the nose requires some extra work and lower sideskirts to match the lines..

I'm primarily interested in the rear fascia/diffuser (as I've already got the side skirts, and I'm pretty happy with my front fascia) - it's one of the only areas on my GT that isn't modded in one way or another! No pressure... just keep us posted!

Yellowstone's has just the right color and appearance...hmmm!

Yes... it's the pewter finish that really caught my attention - as I figured it'd go perfectly with your gunmetal color!
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2005 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

I'll do it cheap - I swear!!!

I just need something to start with - like your last version of the bumper etc..

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2005 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the old altezzas will only share a few days with the painted car
Just got these in today and I think they will look way better:

They need some trimming and modding first but Ive done that before
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock