3.1 no start question by 2.5
Started on: 08-12-2008 08:15 AM
Replies: 0
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-12-2008 08:15 AM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
This is on my cheap "back up" car, bought a week ago since my Fiero has apparent fuel pump wiring issues and I haven't had time off to work on it. This 3.1 is in a 1995 Grand Am GT automatic with 140k.

Can a negative battery cable be grounded at a bolt in the aluminum head of a 3.1?

Is there a relay of some sort for the ignition?

Heres the prob, random no crank, everything else works, headlights are bright, etc. When going to start it nothing, let off the key and all the dash lights come back on as if all is ok. I would think poor battery connection, especially because what we did to get it working while sitting in a parking lot was tighten the battery connection, next time it didn’t start we loosened the battery cables, cleaned them off and reinstalled, started once, then failed next time. So I went out and bought new battery cables and with these it hasn’t started yet. The starter is strong and quick when it works, it functions well.

I am now thinking of wiring a toggle switch to start the thing, but am not sure how that is done.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock