4.9 4T60e axles question by Carrluvr
Started on: 08-09-2008 03:54 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Carrluvr on 08-10-2008 06:32 AM
Carrluvr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrluvrSend a Private Message to CarrluvrDirect Link to This Post
Hey you 4.9er's I have a quick question. I think I know the answer but I want to be sure. I am just about to put the suggested axles in on my swap and before I do I want to replace the output seals. So do I use the caddy 4t60e output seals or the output seals for the 6000 and Silhouette(sp). I have already bought the caddy's seals but I haven't found any documentation on any swaps as to what they used.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87GT_97114

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT_97114Click Here to visit 87GT_97114's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87GT_97114Direct Link to This Post
I'd bet the Caddy seals will work. Lightly oil them and slip them over the inner axles and try them if you have any doubts. Even if they by some strange circumstance don't work you're not out a huge chunk of money. I'd just stick 'em in and check things thoroughly like you should do anyway. I have seen no reference to changing the seals in several write-ups on the building of axles.

------------------

'85GT Indy clone 4.9 4T60E
'78 Toyota longbed, parts runner
'05 Aztek daily driver
'87 30' Kit Classic TT, living in it.

opm2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post
Use the seals for the transmission. That would mean the Caddy axles.

David Breeze

------------------

Pantera Rebody Kits

Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
We've done two of these swaps now. Use the original Caddy 4T60E axle seals in the trans, no need to change them. Use left and right axles from a 1993 Pontiac TransPort minivan, with MANUAL trans Fiero outer ends. They will fit just like they belong there and function perfectly.

The TransPort axle ends come off easily with a pair of snap ring pliers, and then just snap the Fiero ends on, put the boot back on with a new boot clamp, and you're ready to go.

Have fun
Carrluvr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2008 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrluvrSend a Private Message to CarrluvrDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone. I figured that was the answer but just wanted confirmation.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock