Fiero Store ball joint thread size? by Winkie
Started on: 07-05-2008 10:17 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: kyote on 07-06-2008 02:23 PM
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2008 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
What is the size of the castle nut that goes on the Fiero Store upper balljoints? I tried the stock Fiero ones and they don't seem to fit. I tried four other sizes and they didn't fit either. Anyone know?

Thanks
Ryan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2008 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Winkie:

What is the size of the castle nut that goes on the Fiero Store upper balljoints? I tried the stock Fiero ones and they don't seem to fit. I tried four other sizes and they didn't fit either. Anyone know?

Thanks
Ryan

Hey Ryan, I hope TFS castle nut was included in the ball joint kit??

If not, that's a bummer...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, loaded, 5-speed

Winkie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
It was but I hit a pothole and it got ripped off.

Ryan
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Afraid the only info I have from mine is that I needed a 17mm wrench to install the FieroStore one.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Winkie:

It was but I hit a pothole and it got ripped off.

Ryan

Ryan, those fiero store ball joints don't sound durable at all. How big was the pot hole??

I'm very concerned because that is what my 88GT will be assembled with. I don't want a surprise down the road.

If this is the case, their ball joints should be pulled off their shelves NOW...

That doesn't sound safe at all. Someones going to get killed.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, loaded, 5-speed

Winkie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
The thing was massive. It took out 2 of my wheels. I don't need to know the thread size anymore because I pulled the balljoint and there aren't any threads on it anyway. I will once again be giving them a call. My lowers are fine but there is nothing to thread a nut onto anymore.

My next question is where is the fastest place to get new balljoints? I need them ASAP.
I may just go back to the Fiero Store to get them and if they fail again there is going to be a serious problem.

Ryan
kyote

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyoteClick Here to visit kyote's HomePageSend a Private Message to kyoteDirect Link to This Post
Fastest would be your local auto parts store...they usually have them in stock....

------------------

'86 Fastback SE 5 spd -'94 HD Electra Glide Cassic -'99 Chevy K-1500 Z-71

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock