Tachometer filter, bouncing tach, question by MP5Na3
Started on: 06-28-2008 03:53 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Emc209i on 06-28-2008 06:11 AM
MP5Na3

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MP5Na3Send a Private Message to MP5Na3Direct Link to This Post
My tachometer is bouncing bad. From the search I did, I am thinking it is probably going to be the tach filter. My question is, where is this thingy located/what does it look like?

Thanks

David

and oh yeah, where would be the best place to get a new one? Is it a commonly available part (i.e. local parts store)?

Ok, found one on the fiero store. But, now it has been a long time since I did the swap. Am I still going to have one of these puppies with my 3800 swap. Yeah tired and late. i will poke around my engine bay tomorrow and see if I have something like that under the hood somewhere, just don't remember seeing one anywhere in there last time I looked. just was being lazy and seeing if someone who has done this swap could give me a definite "yes or no" that there is said critter in there that I know to look for it.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by MP5Na3 (edited 06-28-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post06-28-2008 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
The 2.8L filter is located on the right side of the ignition coil. It looks nothing like the FieroStore replacement, being that is has a round steal housing with two white wires coming from it.

I have a good condition filter left on my short block I'll sell you for $10.00.

The 3.8 (L32 & L67 Supercharged) both use ICM's, basically the coil packs send a tach signal without a filter so it won't be needed then. Let me know if you're interested in my filter and I'll send it out to you asap.
------------------------

_______________1988 Pontiac Fiero: Formula/GT - 3.4 DOHC - 5 Speed_______________

[This message has been edited by Emc209i (edited 06-28-2008).]

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock