seriously where is a good 3800SC? by SinisterSTi
Started on: 06-27-2008 01:30 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: cornersonrails on 06-27-2008 09:10 AM
SinisterSTi

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SinisterSTiSend a Private Message to SinisterSTiDirect Link to This Post
I have searched craigslist and all the wrecking yards in WA and I just cant find a low mileage 98ish 3800sc II setup (engine, wiring,axles, ecu, tranny, ect) for my swap. I dont want to spend a billion $$ but a good setup that has everything I need is what I want. As it is the car (87 gt 2.8 auto) has a blown headgasket and is pretty much lawn art right now.. Thanks for any suggestions as I have talked to few of you that say you get unreal prices but wont help a fella out and ship one to me
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LZeppelin513

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeppelin513Send a Private Message to LZeppelin513Direct Link to This Post
When i started looking for engines to do a swap i had the same problem. After i priced out the costs, doing a low mile 3.8sc swap was going to be too expensive

BTW this is a great resource if you didnt already know about it http://car-part.com/

[This message has been edited by LZeppelin513 (edited 06-27-2008).]

SinisterSTi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SinisterSTiSend a Private Message to SinisterSTiDirect Link to This Post
Sweet another WA guy, Did you ever find a setup?
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I'm just across the bridge from you bro

I don't sell motors, but I do turn-key swaps out in Puyallup at my shop.

$3500 for 3.4dohc and $4100 for 3.8sc swaps w/ motors and transmissions under 65k

If you want lower mileage it'll be a bit more

I'd be glad to come help on weekends for free though if you do it yourself
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
Thats kind of funny cause I found mine on car-part. It was in WA and it only had 10k on it and its an 05 s2.
I think the place was called Gundies or something. You may want to check them out.

Good luck with your search. They are out there.

Ryan

------------------
87 GT 3800SC Series II 5 Speed and More Goodies

www.gardenstatefieros.com

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
I had looked into the junkyard thing but was not happy about the motors already have been taken out of the car in most cases. They also want to much for them and then you need to get everything else for the swap, trans,axles ,wiring etc. I had found on ebay luckily a towing company a couple of towns away from me who shows up to an accident and when both airbags deploy regardless of damage they view the car as worthless. They come with a certificate of purchase from the police and when your done with the car any junkyard will come pick it up for free. I paid $500.00 on ebay. Took everything off I wanted. Sold the leather seats and such to offset my cost and ended up only paying $200.00 for everything. I would look into doing it that way. Call your local police station and ask who they use after an accident. The ebay guy I used ebays name is bdaletowing, see what he has. Hope this helps you. Chris

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock