Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Fixed pegging temp. gauge but still have problems!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Fixed pegging temp. gauge but still have problems! by FIER086
Started on: 06-24-2008 11:45 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: FIER086 on 06-24-2008 10:22 PM
FIER086

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIER086Send a Private Message to FIER086Direct Link to This Post
Did the temp. gauge fix and I zeroed the gauge by unplugging the sender and turning the key to on. The gauge does not peg anymore but it still moves a bit. So now when the car is off the needle is to the left of the 100* but once I turn it to on the needle goes to 100*. Is this right?? Another issue is that when the car heats up the needle will slowly creep up, when I shut the car off the needle gets stuck at about 220* or wherever I shut the car off. This pisses me off because now I have to zero it again every time I start it and shut it off!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIER086

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIER086Send a Private Message to FIER086Direct Link to This Post
bumpity
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Mine sits off to the left with the car off, then moves to 100 when I turn the key to run.

I think Mister may have had the same problem with his, where he would re-zero the gauge each time and it would stay where it was once it heated up.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-24-2008 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
The guage goes to a random position when power is removed because it's a voice coil. Setting it to 100° with power on and engine cold only works when it's 100° outside and has been long enough for the coolant/motor to stabilize at that temperature. If the guage is sticking at different positions when power is applied and coolant temperature is changing then the guage is bad.

JazzMan
FIER086

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIER086Send a Private Message to FIER086Direct Link to This Post
The gauge is brand new and the wire connector also. Also I had to glue the needle back on because it got real loose from moving it around while zeroing it so I hope I didn't bend the pin it sits on!!

------------------
'86 2m4- Auto, Daily Driver
'87 GT - 5spd, Project Car
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins,
For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave