LX9 3500 by daurand
Started on: 06-21-2008 07:38 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: daurand on 06-25-2008 07:43 AM
daurand

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daurandSend a Private Message to daurandDirect Link to This Post
Where are the best links for this swap with the 4T auto trans??

------------------
87 GT auto, no wing - needs paint - now needs engine

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
There are no build threads on PFF for this install. Best resource site would be www.60degreev6.com Currently there is only 1 Fiero with a running 3500 swap. And a couple in progress, like mine. Sorry no build thread on it, and I probably won't do one. I think it is as easy as a 3.4 dohc swap, just not as well documented. Hardest part is building the harness and tuning the ECM, still straight forward and simple, too me anyways. I'm currently on my second engine, basically starting over. The machine shop destroyed my first one they forgot to put oil in it while dyno tuning, oops.
daurand

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daurandSend a Private Message to daurandDirect Link to This Post
Would I need to go with the 7730 ECM or will the one from the donor be adaptable to run the dash? I'm just going to run stock.

Are there stock tunes for the 3500 ready to put in the 7730? DarthFiero - are you reading this?? or others??

------------------

Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by daurand:

Would I need to go with the 7730 ECM or will the one from the donor be adaptable to run the dash? I'm just going to run stock.

Are there stock tunes for the 3500 ready to put in the 7730? DarthFiero - are you reading this?? or others??

Depends on which dash you are referring to, the Fiero dash, 730, if you are thinking of the OE 3500 ecm, it for the most part requires the OE dash as well and you will likely be way in over your head beyond what can be described to you, because it would require the same effort put into the LS4 V8 and Ecotec swap and that requires some expensive tuning equipment and experienced mechanical integration skills.

The Fiero crue is really not that heavy into the aluminum head engine swaps and as previously mentioned you will find much better support on the 60 degree forum and the Z24 forum for this swap.
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Use the 7730 ECM and have Darth burn a chip for a 3.1 or 2,8 Chevy Beretta. That will get you a good baseline to start and run the engine, from there you do the needed tuning to get it perfect. While dyno tuning my engine, before it grenaded from no oil, I think I went through 18 or 19 different chips to get the most out of the engine. This time around, I am just doing some mild internal work and a decent chip tune. I won't go into it as much as I did the last engine, just too much time and money and I'm running short on both lately.
Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topher_time:

Use the 7730 ECM and have Darth burn a chip for a 3.1 or 2,8 Chevy Beretta. That will get you a good baseline to start and run the engine, from there you do the needed tuning to get it perfect. While dyno tuning my engine, before it grenaded from no oil, I think I went through 18 or 19 different chips to get the most out of the engine. This time around, I am just doing some mild internal work and a decent chip tune. I won't go into it as much as I did the last engine, just too much time and money and I'm running short on both lately.

Get the Ostrich or APU1 from moates and tune on the fly and burn one chip after it's dialed in. I sent you a PM.
daurand

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daurandSend a Private Message to daurandDirect Link to This Post
I think it is time for me to go back to the 3800.

Thanks for all the insight.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock