Started on: 06-20-2008 01:22 AM
Replies: 17
Last post by: americasfuture2k on 08-03-2008 07:41 PM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i found this while looking for fiero hypermiling. there is a display for obd II systems called scanguage. looks pretty useful. and then mentioned in the fiero hypermiling thread on ecomodder.com, there is a diy display for obd1 cars.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/...-workspace-2115.html

i havent had time to read more into it since i should be sleeping right now, but A.D.D. has clicked on...........
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierology

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyDirect Link to This Post
sounds cool
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Looks quite cool, thanks for the link

That would be great to put in the the little empty notch on the dash.

[This message has been edited by Xanth (edited 06-20-2008).]

Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
I have had one of these in my Formula (stock ECM) for several years. Works well. Anything Oliver Scholz does is first class engineering.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

I have had one of these in my Formula (stock ECM) for several years. Works well. Anything Oliver Scholz does is first class engineering.

ive been wanting to get the one touch windws from him for a very long time. i only got bits of info from him, but not enough. i eventually won some DEI(?) one touch window modules that controll 2 windows per module. never installed them on my blazer, so the fiero gets a set. and so does my next car with powerwindows. the aveo is manual
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Does he sell that??? I want one now.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
I don't know whether Oliver still sells them or not. I bought mine from him about five years ago and it was rather expensive even back then; given the drop in the value of the Dollar vs. the Euro, I would expect it to cost over $300 (US) today. He may not even be able to get some of the parts anymore. I just don't know.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 06-20-2008).]

tampalinc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincDirect Link to This Post
I have a ScanGuage II that I use in my Fiero 3800 and VW Cabrio, and love it.
An option for pre-OBD II cars is the SuperMID. http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=3953
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2008 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
shoot, someone should findout how the c4 corvettes display fuel meter worked. my 95 and my brothers 94 both had them. it displayed isntant mpg, average mpg, miles left to tank, avg speed, and maybe some others others i cant think of. figuring that out would be great and allow someone to make such a device to become universal.
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2008 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
It does look like a cool device. There is another real simple way/device to improve MPG and it's called a vacuum gauge. Way back in the 70s I had a vacuum gauge with a larger 4" face that was also color coded -it was called a milage monitor- and it color coded something like this, 0"-6" red, 7"-12" yellow, and 13"-18+" green. If you kept it in the yellow or green you got great gas millage. It made you up shift much later and really did improve your gas milage. I dont know if they them anymore but any vacuum gauge big enough to see will do the trick. LOL, it can be quite hard to stay out of the red at times.

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2008 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i think that is how the older bimmers do it. except theirs is labled.
PFF
System Bot
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

i think that is how the older bimmers do it. except theirs is labled.

Seen it on a few older Benz's too.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
OR you can just install a vacum gauge. Mopar did that years ago to factory cars and called it an ' Economy Gauge '. They didnt bother to write in the mile per gallon numbers, it was just red, yellow and green areas on the face meaning poor, average, good.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

OR you can just install a vacum gauge. Mopar did that years ago to factory cars and called it an ' Economy Gauge '. They didnt bother to write in the mile per gallon numbers, it was just red, yellow and green areas on the face meaning poor, average, good.

they probably couldnt figure out how to properly measure the correct mpg. bmw figured it out. go bimmers! fieros first of course
fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeDirect Link to This Post
Hi there,

I'm the one who has developed DashScan and DashScan II (you can check out the old pages here: www.fieros.de/en/ds ). I still have one completed unit here, and boards for 3-4 more. I am not selling them commercially, I had originally built them for my Fieros (there's one in each of them), plus a few Friends' Fieros as well. The price is still the same (or even lower, considering I have not adjusted it for the current exchange rate and that I put the mileage processor on the board along with the temperature sensors at no extra cost).

But yes, the parts are still expensive, the two LED displays alone cost $50 a pair, but they fit the Fiero cluster perfectly. I'm asking $250 for a complete set (ready to install) consisting of main board, display board, prefabricated wiring harness, red Plexiglass, digital temperature sensors (inside and outside) and the mileage coprocessor. Oh, and of course installation support by email.

If you or anyone else is interested, please feel free to drop me a line by email. The last ones go first-come, first-served, and after that, there will be no more.

Best regards,

Oliver

------------------
Visit my website: www.fieros.de for lots of technical and other Fiero related information

[This message has been edited by fieroluke (edited 08-03-2008).]

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
oh wow, great one right there. but in my case, i dont think it would work i am running the 7730 ecm. it would need to be compatible for 8192 baud.

do you still do anything for your one touch windows?

------------------
1987 Fiero GT built by my brother, merlot566jka, 3500 LX9 from 06 Malibu, WOT-TECH.com 1280 grind stage 3 cam, LS6 valve springs, 1227730 ECM conversion, Darrel Morse solid aluminum cradle mounts, Truleo headers modified to fit the 3500, 36# inectors, 70mm 4.3 throttle body adapted to 3500 intake, ported heads, upper and lower intakes, lightly polished, tcemotorsports.com crank trigger wheel, CenterForce dual friction clutch, Flowtech Afterburner muffler, 2.5" piping, cat deleted, EGR deleted, SinisterPerformance tuning, C6 Corvette exhaust tips. projected to be 35 MPG with a guesstimate of 250 hp to the wheels

fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

as a matter of fact, yes, I had planned to. I have a prototype for the successor sitting on my desk here. The main advantage over the old unit is the capability to stop automatically if someone puts their hand through the window. This required a complete redesign, new processor, etc. I haven't planned a big production run, just for my Fieros for now, and then check to see if someone else is interested.

But when setting the diagnostic interface of the module into operation, something went wrong and it blew the processor and power supply/interface chips. :-(
I have no idea what went wrong though, it might have been a paper clip on my desk being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I was able to remove the bad ICs, but haven't replaced them yet, so that project is on hold.

When my current project (embedded web server controlling my lawn sprinklers ;-) is finished, I'll continue with Fiero projects again ;-)

Best regards,

Oliver

------------------
Visit my website: www.fieros.de for lots of technical and other Fiero related information

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
maybe it could be those flux capacitor thingies. they tend to hold 1.2 jiga watts haha ever look into carputers by any chance? wonderful new nerdy world

------------------
1987 Fiero GT built by my brother, merlot566jka, 3500 LX9 from 06 Malibu, WOT-TECH.com 1280 grind stage 3 cam, LS6 valve springs, 1227730 ECM conversion, Darrel Morse solid aluminum cradle mounts, Truleo headers modified to fit the 3500, 36# inectors, 70mm 4.3 throttle body adapted to 3500 intake, ported heads, upper and lower intakes, lightly polished, tcemotorsports.com crank trigger wheel, CenterForce dual friction clutch, Flowtech Afterburner muffler, 2.5" piping, cat deleted, EGR deleted, SinisterPerformance tuning, C6 Corvette exhaust tips. projected to be 35 MPG with a guesstimate of 250 hp to the wheels

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock