Distributor question by bluebox00
Started on: 06-19-2008 12:30 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: ly41181 on 06-19-2008 02:11 AM
bluebox00

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bluebox00Send a Private Message to bluebox00Direct Link to This Post
I just finished a major overhaul on my 2.5l Fiero, and now it won't start. The issue I am having is that during cranking, the injector does not spray fuel.

Facts:

-My fuel pump behaves properly, 2 seconds when key is on, etc.
-My injector is not clogged. When touched with a 9V battery, it gave a nice squirt of fuel
-I have 12V on the pink wire when the car is in the "ON" position
-The blue wire has continuity all the way to the ECM
-My ECM is fine, the SES light lights when the car is turned to ON

Seeing as I have replaced the old distributor with ANOTHER old distributor, I thought that perhaps the ECM was not getting a signal from the distributor, and therefore not pulsing my fuel injector. I removed the distributor, and tested the pick-up coil. My Haynes manual notes that there should be no continuity between either coil lead and the ground and this is the case. However, it also states that the overall resistance across the coil should be between 500 and 1500 ohms. This is NOT the case. The coil reads infinite resistance.

So I have found a bad pick up coil. However I do not know if my thinking is correct in diagnosing this as my fuel problem as I am a bit fuzzy on what exactly tells the distributor to pulse the injector. Any help would be appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ly41181

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ly41181Click Here to Email ly41181Send a Private Message to ly41181Direct Link to This Post
These may help. They are from a 86 service manual.

OUCH! Large pics
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock