car bogs around corners by fierofinder
Started on: 06-18-2008 09:21 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: fierofinder on 06-18-2008 11:47 PM
fierofinder

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderClick Here to Email fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderDirect Link to This Post
On my other thread "3.4 up and going" I talked about what I have done to get the car running as weel as it is, and it is running really good right now. The only thing is the car bogs down and loses power when going around a corner. I'll give it gas out of the corner but don't get much out of it until the car is going straight. I have no idea what might be causing this.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageClick Here to Email DodgerunnerSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Did you do any work on the fuel system? New pump etc.

First thing I would do is put a pressure gauge on the fuel tap and have someone watch it while cranking some corners to see if your pressure hold. Could be fuel starving.

Does your oil pressure hold ok?

fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderClick Here to Email fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderDirect Link to This Post
I didn't notice what the oil pressure guage was doing when I was going around the corner, I'll check that out. I also was thinking loss of fuel pressure. I replaced the fuel pump shortly before the 2.8 broke down a year ago.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageClick Here to Email DodgerunnerSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
When you start the engine does it start right up or do you have to crank it for a while first start of the day.
What I'm getting at is if your fuel relay is working or if your running on the oil pressure switch..
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
/\ What he is getting at is fluid movement in the oil pan may be causing oil starvation to the pump. If your fuel pump relay is bad, the engine will still get fuel pressure because of the redundant fuel pump circuit built in via the oil pressure switch. Should the oil slosh to one end of the pan, away from the pump's pickup, the oil pressure may be dropping off, which will result in a loss of electrical power to the fuel pump.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderClick Here to Email fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderDirect Link to This Post
It starts right up first crank everytime, even first thing in the morning. I took it out around the block to look at the oil pressure gauge around the corner, but didn't get any bogging. I don't believe I took the corner as fast as I did before. Just curiuos, would a bare ground wire going from engine to body that was touching the side of the oil pressure sending unit bother it at all? I know the side of the sending unit is metal so I wasn't sure. Right know there is one touching. When I crossed my A and B terminals earlier to check for codes I noticed that the oil pressure light and gauge was acting weird flickering off and on.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock