FULL THROTTLE MISS by qcelectron
Started on: 06-18-2008 02:48 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: qcelectron on 06-19-2008 10:08 AM
qcelectron

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qcelectronSend a Private Message to qcelectronDirect Link to This Post
JUST FINISHED A TOTAL DOWN-TO-THE-LAST-BOLT RESTORATION OF MY YELLOW '88GT 5-SPEED T-TOP. DESIGN-ONE TURBO, ALL POLY SUSPENTION. AFTER BREAK-IN I HAVE THE FOLLOWING MYSTERY PROBLEM: GRADUAL ACCELERATION - NO MISS TO REDLINE, SUDDEN FULL THROTTLE, ANY GEAR ENGINE FEELS LIKE ITS RUNNING ON ABOUT 3 CYLINDERS. OTHERWISE RUNS SMOOTH, IDLES PERFECT. I'VE REPLACED EVERYTHING POSSIBLE ON THE REBUILD. TRIED INJECTOR CLEANER, FUEL PRESSURE OK, ALL IGNITION PARTS NEW, TIMING AT 10 DEGREES. NO CLUE WHAT TO CHECK/TRY NEXT.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
TYPE WITH UPPER AND lower case please. Use the Caps Lock button.

Did you gap your plugs properly?

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 06-18-2008).]

AquaHusky

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AquaHuskySend a Private Message to AquaHuskyDirect Link to This Post
I've had this problem a couple times myself, and of those couple time, the remedy was different. The first time was a bad vacuum line, the other was a bad plug wire. Took me a while to locate each, but was it easy to fix once found. Hope this helps. Just remember, just cuz it's new, doesn't mean it's good. Explitive happens every 100,000 units or so.
qcelectron

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qcelectronSend a Private Message to qcelectronDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replys. I'll check the plugs first. maybe the gap is wrong for boost conditions.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock