Thermostat by emsdad
Started on: 06-18-2008 11:57 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: emsdad on 06-18-2008 05:22 PM
emsdad

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for emsdadSend a Private Message to emsdadDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure what thermostat I have but I do not the 185. My temps are at the mark between 100 and 220. There is one mark inbetween the two. Should I put a 185 in it. I wonder if that hasa anything to do with the weird idle problems and stalling at stoplights?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
I believe that stock for both the V-6 and the duke engines are the 195*F thermostat. Running without a thermostat may cause weird idleing problems as the ECM won't go into closed loop operation, or take quite a while to do so. The thermostat should have a number on it on the end stating what temp is.

Edit for a clarification.

[This message has been edited by jetman (edited 06-18-2008).]

emsdad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for emsdadSend a Private Message to emsdadDirect Link to This Post
I know it doesn't get to 190. I will go and get a new thermostat and replace it. Should it be a 185 or a 190?
emsdad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for emsdadSend a Private Message to emsdadDirect Link to This Post

emsdad

251 posts
Member since Mar 2008
I checked it and the only # I could find is 180. There are some other numbers but that is the only one that resembled a temp.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2008 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Factory thermostat is 195°F. It's a standard temp and design so should be available everywhere. The Fiero temp guage is notorious for being inaccurate, BTW.

JazzMan
emsdad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for emsdadSend a Private Message to emsdadDirect Link to This Post
What one should I run? Should I replace the 180 with a 195?
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by emsdad:

What one should I run? Should I replace the 180 with a 195?

I stand corrected, yes replace it with a 195*F thermostat

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2008 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
The ECM's fuel maps are designed around the 195°F opening temperature. Modern seal technology means there's no benefit to running a colder thermostat in a properly functioning cooling system aside from the placebo effect of seeing the guage read lower. You'll get your best power and efficiency with the 195°F thermostat in a stock motor.

JazzMan
emsdad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for emsdadSend a Private Message to emsdadDirect Link to This Post
Well I got my wife to stop and pick me up a 195. I will let you know how it does. I just hope it straightens out my stalling/idle problem.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock