interior questions by 1984fiero
Started on: 06-18-2008 12:39 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: 1984fiero on 06-18-2008 08:35 PM
1984fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984fieroSend a Private Message to 1984fieroDirect Link to This Post
my center counsel is all broken and smashed warped etc. i was wondering if there was a aftermarket one made of fiberglass or somthing that goes in place of the stock one? also it has a 4 speed when i go in reverse the reverse light is on until i put i in gear and then the shifter moves right and no light does anybody know what the problem could be? and is the paper under the door panel necessary that i should replace it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Chris_narf

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1984fiero:

my center counsel is all broken and smashed warped etc. i was wondering if there was a aftermarket one made of fiberglass or something that goes in place of the stock one?

If you are talking about the console you put your arm on, then yes, you have several options. Most of end up being enclosures for subwoofer.

Originally posted by 1984fiero:
is the paper under the door panel necessary that i should replace it?

No really. It acts as a vapor barrier. So, if you remove it, I'd replace it with something like dynomat.

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT Auto (fun car)
'03 Sentra SE-R Spec V (Daily driver)

1984fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984fieroSend a Private Message to 1984fieroDirect Link to This Post
Hi, you have links for the consoles?

[This message has been edited by 1984fiero (edited 06-18-2008).]

tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Direct Link to This Post
heres one:

http://www.westcoastfiero.c...terior/interior.html

but most of the "parts venders" on the from pages either carry originals or fiberglass replacements, heck probabley post in the mall and i'm sure someone has one for sale

good luck
=todd=

[This message has been edited by tmur115 (edited 06-18-2008).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2008 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
On the backup light, the '84 manuals use a switch on the shifter and the autos use a switch where the shift cable connects to the transmission IIRC. Something's out of adjustment at one end or the other.

If your dew wipes are bad water can get in the door and if the window's up it can wet the backside of your interior door panels, causing them to warp and/or mildew. The paper protects the interior panel from water.

When you talk about the console, are you referring to the visible pieces or the black plastic skeleton underneath that the pieces attach to?

JazzMan
1984fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984fieroSend a Private Message to 1984fieroDirect Link to This Post
both parts on the console also the front part where the radio and vents are

the black plastic skeleton is pretty broke up, the top part is warped stained worn out etc. dosent look very good

[This message has been edited by 1984fiero (edited 06-18-2008).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock