Need the size of the bolt that holds the e-brake caliper bracket on by kslish
Started on: 06-17-2008 03:13 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Brent7088 on 07-03-2008 01:54 AM
kslish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post
To continue on from my parts request:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/042921.html

Anyone know what the size of the T40 Torx bolt is that holds the L-shaped parking brake cable bracket onto a '84-87 rear caliper? The local Pontiac dealer can't even find a part number or size for it, other than saying "uh, it's probably something metric." I've already got the new caliper on the car so taking it to a hardware store to try to manually find a solution would be kind of hard. And if I don't find another bracket, I'm probably going to have to resort to drilling the head off the old bolt to try to salvage the old bracket, and I still won't know what to bolt it on with.

If anyone has a paper copy of the P22 parts book, it may be in there. I have one, but I have no clue where it is right now and the CD/PDF version of the P22 is woefully incomplete when it comes to listing the small stuff.

I swear this car doesn't want to make the 25th, it's fighting me every part of the way....

Thanks,
Ken S.

Thanks,
Ken S.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PrettyPhysicist87GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PrettyPhysicist87GTSend a Private Message to PrettyPhysicist87GTDirect Link to This Post
bump.

mrs. kslish
Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
I am going from memory, I could be off: 8x1.25 That is metric, not sure on the length.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2008 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Heh, went through the service manual and P22, no mention of thread size or torque spec. I have some early calipers at home, I'll try to remember and look at them tonight, can probably send you a bolt if you need it.

JazzMan
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2008 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Ok, tried to take that bolt off of one of my parts cars and ended up braking both my T-40 bits. If I can get the caliper off this weekend I'll buy an impact bit and see if I can get it removed.

It's going to be metric, probably 8mm x 1.25.

JazzMan
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
i have my old calipier sitting here, gimme 1 sec to get off the phone and ill check its size..
ok

8x1.25x20
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Kslish!! You're still around? Wow, seems like forever ago you were watering down the captain in the garage..
Brent7088

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2008 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brent7088Send a Private Message to Brent7088Direct Link to This Post
I am having the same issue with the torx bolt for my 86GT.

Are the 8 x 1.25 x 20 values all in mm? Seems like a very small bolt compared to the one I am wrestling with. Does anyone know the exact length of this and where I can get a new identical one? What kind of tool was used to extract this bolt? I've tried about everything.

[This message has been edited by Brent7088 (edited 07-03-2008).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock