Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  has anyone done this with their monsoon yet?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

has anyone done this with their monsoon yet? by americasfuture2k
Started on: 06-16-2008 08:51 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Chris Hodson on 06-17-2008 01:01 AM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
from some of the only and best info i have found on monsoons ( http://www.ls1tech.com/foru...wthread.php?t=612644 ),

it is stated in the first post, paragraph 2, line 1 "The head unit is nothing special - it's just an ordinary 1.5 DIN Delco radio with a Monsoon label on it" and in the first post, paragraph 2, line 3 at the end that "Both types are basically the same and are physically interchangeable although they had some different features - Camaros came with speed compensated volume whereas Firebirds have a graphic equalizer." and by going what i know from my last late model gm vehicle, the speedo and the headunit's speed compensated volume all work off of 4000ppm.

since my fiero has the 7730 ecm conversion and that spits out 4000ppm, adding this circuit to the headunit should make the SCV work. in theory.

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 06-17-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
do it!
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock