Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  wierd hose/tube found dangling. where go?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

wierd hose/tube found dangling. where go? by bsculptor
Started on: 06-11-2008 11:07 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: JazzMan on 06-12-2008 01:25 PM
bsculptor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bsculptorSend a Private Message to bsculptorDirect Link to This Post
There is this hose that starts from under the air filter , comes across the firewall on a hard line the to a flexible tube , but i do not know where to hook it up at . helps me

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Thats the fresh air tube for the EGR solinoid. I think is goes to the canister.
fierofinder

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderDirect Link to This Post
Was kinda wondering the same thing. Mine wasn't hooked to anything at either end, and I didn't see anything around to hook it up to.
JamesCurtis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
it's below the air canister location, leading up into the canister. There should be a nipple that if you look around down there you should be able to see. I believe it might be in the tube leading up to the air canister.

------------------

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
Edit because I think you are refering to the little line. It does get hooked up. If you lift the air cleaner you should be able to see where it connects. If you mean the big hose, it was disconected in a recall.

[This message has been edited by Electrathon (edited 06-12-2008).]

Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
The large one was disconnected by the recall and is not used. The little one is clean air to the EGR solinoid and is still used.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2008 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
It connects to the back of the EGR solenoid, you can see it in this picture at upper right:

It supplies fresh but unfiltered air to the solenoid, which has a built-in filter (that is long since crumbled to dust).

JazzMan

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock