name this part / hose / something by bsculptor
Started on: 06-09-2008 11:38 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: 86GT3.4DOHC on 06-11-2008 03:37 PM
bsculptor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bsculptorSend a Private Message to bsculptorDirect Link to This Post
The car was running fine , then it would not stay on. I checked around and noticed this small hose going into that area in the blue square. it was barely hanging on. I kinda push it back on and the car ran fine. One problem is the car is at the shop and i need to know what the hose it , because i could not show him before i left it there , so i am not sure if it is the one Marked A or B.
Can anyone tell me which one it would be if one was not hooked up and what that part is ? I was a small little hose thing around 4 inches long .
thanks guys

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Wish your second pic was a bit clearer, but it looks like the EGR solenoid hose.

[This message has been edited by topher_time (edited 06-10-2008).]

bsculptor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bsculptorSend a Private Message to bsculptorDirect Link to This Post
I stole this pic from someone else but i think its the same hose:
And also , Where can i get this hose ? Kragen or special order ?

sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topher_time:

Wish your second pic was a bit clearer, but it looks like the EGR solenoid hose.

Yep. That would be my bet.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2008 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
The block that the hose connects to is the EGR vacuum switch. The hose tees into the vacuum line to the EGR valve so that the ECM can verify that the valve is actually getting sent a vacuum signal. A length of rubber vacuum hose will easily replace it.

JazzMan
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

The block that the hose connects to is the EGR vacuum switch. The hose tees into the vacuum line to the EGR valve so that the ECM can verify that the valve is actually getting sent a vacuum signal. A length of rubber vacuum hose will easily replace it.

JazzMan

Hay Jazzie, Good to heard you back with us and posting repairs!!
Joe Crawford
Texas
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
While I cant argue with the results, there is no reason that hose would have any effect on the engine stalling or not running. Maybe you should check around and makesure everything looks good, make sure it wasnt just a coencidence.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock