Valve Spring Dampers by TiredGXP
Started on: 06-06-2008 08:42 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: TiredGXP on 06-07-2008 08:56 AM
TiredGXP

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiredGXPSend a Private Message to TiredGXPDirect Link to This Post
I ordered the performance valve springs from the Fierostore a month or so ago. These single coil springs do not come with dampers.

Question: do you need to install dampers in these, or just run them as is?

BTW, anyone know what make/model these springs actually are? based on the open and closed spring pressure, they look quite similar to the Comp Cams 983 springs, which look to be well matched to a 2030 cam with 1.6 rockers.

Cheers
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TiredGXP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiredGXPSend a Private Message to TiredGXPDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the night shift
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
I do not know if it is the "correct" way to do it or not... but here is what I did

I got some Comp Cams springs (sorry, dont have any p/n's) and some 3/8" stud 1.6 roller tip rocker arms from Summit Racing.

I just popped the dampers out of my stock springs and used them.

Motor ran fine! I put approx 15-20,ooo miles on that motor. Drag raced it, drove it to work, drove it around town, and just all around beat the **** out of it!
TiredGXP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiredGXPSend a Private Message to TiredGXPDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the response.

Took a closer look at the springs, they are a dual spring design (or perhaps it's just a spiral damper inside), so the stock dampers won't fit. Since the stock dampers also act like a shim, I'll just have to ensure that I get the correct shims to provide the 1.700 installed height.

Cheers

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock