YUGH!!!!!!! by mastercraft83
Started on: 06-05-2008 06:01 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: mastercraft83 on 06-05-2008 09:57 PM
mastercraft83

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mastercraft83Send a Private Message to mastercraft83Direct Link to This Post
ok seems that I have gotten thingssomewhat back to normal at an idle at first start up.
I begin to drive and all is well then after about 5 mins or so of 50 mph driving it starts to buck pull up to a stop and dies starts right up
but need to give it some gas then let out the clutch and go seems that when I am giving it gas it somewhat smooths out but if I try to cruise around 30 or so bucks no power missing or should I say coughing. fuel filter maybe the thing is when I first start it (open loop)
plenty of power runs great but after a bit(closed loop) I have YUGH!!!!!!!!

Hope someone can shed some light
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
4 or 6 cyl. ?

1. Check your fuel pressure. Needs to be 9-12 on the 4 or around 40 on the 6. Easier to check on the 6 since there is a tap. 4 you have to splice in the gauge. Could be a bad pump or split hose in the tank.

2. Possible plugged cat. knock on it with a rubber hammer and see if has lots or rattles inside.

3. Bad map sensor.

4. Bad ing. module depending on the year.
Icelander

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IcelanderSend a Private Message to IcelanderDirect Link to This Post
My 2M4 had similar problems... Turned out to be a bad coil and a bad plug wire.

My recommendation would be to start out with a new fuel filter, check your coil at the local auto parts store (or at home if you've got the specs), and progress to the more elaborate and expensive stuff. I started out by replacing the injector, the ignition module, etc... I finally took it to a mechanic and was told it was the coil... Now I try to think of the most basic stuff first so I'm not shelling out big money for a cheap and simple fix.

Hope you find it.

------------------
Kendall (Icelander) Whitlatch
'85 Fiero 2M4 - 5spd Isuzu
'67 LeMans/GTO clone 6.5 litre TH400
All the rest aren't Pontiacs, so what does it matter?

mastercraft83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mastercraft83Send a Private Message to mastercraft83Direct Link to This Post
Im sorry it is a 2.8 curious tho with it running so good for the first 5 or 10 mins then show all of these symptons
if the fuel pump is bad isnt it bad or are u thinking weak?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock